• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    If you like the standard green 3 dot, get them when you buy the gun. If you want something else, buy what you like. I personally have the standard night sights on the Glocks I carry. Everyone is different in their preferences. Do some research and see what you like.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I am a fan of Trijicon HD night sights. Yellow front post. That is what I am sporting on my Shield 9 (below.)

2014-11-17%2016.39.42_zpswg5nzxfz.jpg

Last edited:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I have always been a fan of the glock night sights. They seem to be bright and function well. I also really like the trijicon stuff. Im sure there are a lot of other brands and they are probably okay.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have standard night sights on my G19 and aftermarket Trijicon's on my G23 and can not really tell the difference other than the stock sights are not removable without destroying the front sight.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the standard sights either. I got mine added when I sent the pistol back to Smyrna for a 20-yr overhaul for something like $35 so I can't complain too much. But there are better ones out there.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have big dots on my 19 and like it well enough

I believe that's about as best anyone ever really feels about Big Dots. I have a hard time believing that anyone claiming to "love them" really shoots them very much.

HD's or I-Dot's with the rear U notch (for me at least) are everything Big Dots wanted to be.

I-Dot vs. Big Dot size comparison:

406238164.jpg

Sight Picture: (front stands out better in person, camera kept auto-focusing on the rear)

406237202.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I haven't tried the Trijicon HD yet. I don't know if I would like them or not. I like a thin front blade and a normal or smaller dot. I use the Warren Tactical 3 dot on my 19. They have a thinner front blade, a slightly wider rear notch and the outside edges of the rear sight are cut away. The rear dots are yellow and a little dimmer than the front green dot. They have a very clear sight picture.

WRT.203-2T.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I haven't tried the Trijicon HD yet. I don't know if I would like them or not. I like a thin front blade and a normal or smaller dot. I use the Warren Tactical 3 dot on my 19. They have a thinner front blade, a slightly wider rear notch and the outside edges of the rear sight are cut away. The rear dots are yellow and a little dimmer than the front green dot. They have a very clear sight picture.

WRT.203-2T.jpg
    Trijicon HD rears are barely visible in daylight, and subdued at night, almost as perfect as no rear dots! The front, in Orange, or Yellow is extremely easy and fast to pick up in daylight, and glows just enough to be fast at night!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am a fan of Trijicon HD night sights. Yellow front post.

Trijicon HD rears are barely visible in daylight, and subdued at night, almost as perfect as no rear dots! The front, in Orange, or Yellow is extremely easy and fast to pick up in daylight, and glows just enough to be fast at night!

Another vote for the Trijicon HD's. I prefer the orange front dot. During the day, the rear dots are all but invisible as there is no white outline like many other types, and the front orange is very easy to see. In low light the orange is all but invisible and the front and rear dots then really pop with the tritium. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Top Bottom