• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    That's the beauty of Glocks. Once you upgrade the sights, they're good to go IMO.

I do however have 3.5 lb connectors on all my Glocks. Curious as to why you don't think that's a good idea? The 1911 trigger pull is much shorter and feels lighter than my edc g19 and I never had a problem carrying it either.

If you keep your finger off the trigger, what's the problem?

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    That's the beauty of Glocks. Once you upgrade the sights, they're good to go IMO.

I do however have 3.5 lb connectors on all my Glocks. Curious as to why you don't think that's a good idea? The 1911 trigger pull is much shorter and feels lighter than my edc g19 and I never had a problem carrying it either.

If you keep your finger off the trigger, what's the problem?

Misinformation maybe? Just always been burned in my head that it is a bad idea.

Rob Watson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Going from a 5.5lb trigger to a 3.5lb makes a night and day difference.

No finger on trigger means gun no go boom.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I can suggest 3 "drop in" mods that a really nice for Glocks in general. Used Glockmeisters links for reference but other companies also have good products for these.

1. Glockmeister's extended slide lock makes takedown so much easier. The glockmiester brand has better traction than the Glock factory one.
    Glockmeister Extended Slide Lock For All GLOCKs Except G36-www.glockmeister.com

2. Extented slide stop so you don't have to pull back on the slide to release it.
    Glock Ext. Slide Stop Lever G17,18,19,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,31,-www.glockmeister.com

3. Grip plug/back channel insert to help keep the magazine to catching and to generally keep dust and dirt out of the back channel.
    Glockmeister Grip Plug For Gen 3 Full Size & Compact GLOCKS-www.glockmeister.com

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Night sights.
    Extended slide stop.
    Extended magazine catch that has been "dehorned".
    "The Plug".
    Lose the serrated trigger on your Glock 19, and put a smooth face trigger from a Glock 17 on there.

The Glock compacts and sub-compacts come with a serrated faced trigger. I have no idea why. The full size Glocks have a smooth faced trigger. It feels SO MUCH better when you shoot a lot.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    As far as the 3.5 lb trigger connector you have to find what works best for you. I have one but am looking at going to a 4.5 lb trigger connector because I preload the trigger to just before the final break point once I have my target sighted and during stressful situations like self defense it is too easy to go past that point with a 3.5 lb connector (personally).:twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can suggest 3 "drop in" mods that a really nice for Glocks in general. Used Glockmeisters links for reference but other companies also have good products for these.

1. Glockmeister's extended slide lock makes takedown so much easier. The glockmiester brand has better traction than the Glock factory one.
    Glockmeister Extended Slide Lock For All GLOCKs Except G36-www.glockmeister.com

2. Extented slide stop so you don't have to pull back on the slide to release it.
    Glock Ext. Slide Stop Lever G17,18,19,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,31,-www.glockmeister.com

3. Grip plug/back channel insert to help keep the magazine to catching and to generally keep dust and dirt out of the back channel.
    Glockmeister Grip Plug For Gen 3 Full Size & Compact GLOCKS-www.glockmeister.com

Yep pretty much this is how my Glock is set up with the addition of Night sites.

Might I suggest PMing INGO member NHT3? I think he may be able to change your mind on the trigger job. He does more than just a drop in connector, his trigger jobs are sweet and break like glass,

That reminds me I need to get ahold of him too. My G19 trigger needs some attention.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only mod I require on a carry Glock is tritium sights. If your grip is extra high, you might check out a Gripforce adapter, to help prevent "slide bite" Extended slide releases encourage bad habits. Grip plugs are completely unnecessary. 3.5 connector might be nice if you decide the trigger is too heavy, but I'd suggest working on your trigger reset first. If you ever plan in wearing IWB, I wouldn't recommend grip tape. In other words, save your money to buy as much ammo as you can, and hi cap mags before some ***** liberal bans them again.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Well I'm surprised that no one has said it yet. Weapon light! I know some people don't like to have a weapon light on their EDC gun, but I love it. You never have to worry about not having a flashlight and if you carry a handheld flashlight, you have a back-up on your gun. Buy a quality (surefire or streamlight). Other than that, Mags and Ammo!

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Agree with most of what has been said,....however:

I believe the 3.5 lb. connector is over-hyped. It is much, much more important to master trigger control: isolate flexors of trigger finger so nothing else moves, increase pressure to shot break then decrease pressure to trigger reset point only and repeat. Those are just the basics of trigger control, but few people do them.

Be very, very careful (translate don't) messing with the action in a Glock. I have, as a Glock armorer, seen way too many examples of people "tricking out" their Glocks and turning them into jam-o-matics. Cosmetic changes, such as sights, extended mag release, extended slide release, and other personal preferences are fine, but start messing around with the internals, and things can "go south" in a hurry.

Clint Smith said, and I fully agree with him, before making any modification to any gun, there are two questions that must be answered:
    1. What specific problem exists that this modification fixes? If you cannot do that, then the modification should not be done.
    2. What additional problems are created by making this modification? The "cure" can be worse than the "disease."
    The actions in my Glocks are all rock stock, and I have seen no compelling reason to change that.

Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    EDC - G17 Gen 3. Meprolight night sights (love them). 3.5 lb Trigger. Galco Kydex IWB Holster and double mag paddle holster. That is all u need.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I haven't done a darn thing to mine except put the pinky extension on the 26's mag. Which was rendered pointless now that I carry the 17 mag in it.

The sights don't bother me at all.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I had night sights on a Sig ..granted I could see the sights at night..but in the pitch dark still could not see the target...The 3.5 triggers I have felt have a very long creepy pull, I prefer the crisper breaking 5.5. To each his own.

Top Bottom