• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    yeah that guy confuses backwoods with backwards but maybe its a freudian slip....He might be backwards from the backwoods HAHA ...he went off half cocked about the issue thinking I was bashing glocks but I felt it was a question that needed an answer...others may have this issue and in an extreme situation it could save your life if you correct it...The issue is the magazine...I took it into 2 shops today they both confirmed my suspicions...

I'd call Glock on Monday. They may well replace them for you.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From what I can see in the photos, the follower in question is not installed backwards or otherwise incorrectly; the followers in the 10-round mags just look different from the ones in the full-cap mags that most of us are used to.

That said, the 10-round Glock magazines produced during the AWB years (i.e. "Clinton mags") are/were an abomination. In today's market where fully functional full-capacity OEM Glock mags can be had for less than $30 apiece, and the Korean clones can be had for less than $10 apiece, I would be hard-pressed to find a reason for using the 10-rounders, even for range or casual use.

My :twocents:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    You also need to see if this occurs only with useing the slide release. I always rack back on all my guns then use the slide release.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    We don't need ammunition to not own a Glock. I like Glocks and respect the quality and reliability that they represent. I can't say that I will ever buy a Glock with my money but I will never actually bash someone who does (joking with friends is another story). All that being said, I know some 1911 guys think that any gun that is not a 1911 is a child's toy. I've never personally heard of anyone having an issue with a Glock (other than some bad ammo that caused a few barrels to nearly explode) and I know a lot of people that shoot them regularly.

Hey InGO,

Well, this will give you 1911 guys the "ammunition" you need in favor of not owning a Glock. I will say that this has never happened in live shooting. I have never loaded just one round into a clip. I bought these practice snap caps today and when I used the 10 round California magazines I experienced a problem. You can see this problem in the video. When I loaded the snap cap into the last position of the 10 round magazine it failed(FTF) most of the time. In the video (of course) it worked 2 out of 3 times. It did not make a difference what kind of ammo as I used FMJ, Speer Hollow point, Remington Hollow Point, and the snap caps. This does not happen with my 15 round magazine. I will upload pics of the magazine as well. The plastic on the top of the magazine reads "2183-1" on both of them. Sorry for the quality as I had my 11 year old do the video. She did pretty good though.

DSCI0067.mp4 video by brianmcclellan74 - Photobucket

Here is a picture of the bad magazine.

1126102359.jpg

Did any of you have this problem with these magazines? I have my own theory about the source of the problem but what, in your opinion is causing the issue?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You also need to see if this occurs only with useing the slide release. I always rack back on all my guns then use the slide release.

I would not use the mags for anything serious even if it were only when using the slide release. There may be a day when you need that to work.

Top Bottom