• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Chef, were you wearing the secret decoder ring while shooting? That may have been the cause of the discomfort. . . .

;)
    I always wear my secret decoder ring. Although its a little worn as I haven't had any Ovaltine in awhile...:D

Hey! You get respect for actually trying it instead of just flaming for no reason other then to fit in :)

Personally I love glocks, but as long as someone has actually tried it they have the right to say they didnt like it

TY I am not a snob about guns, I never give an opinion unless I can offer a first hand informed opinion. If I find a $10 pistol that out preforms all those listed in this thread I am gonna say it and stand by it...:yesway:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm with the 1911 guys. The glocks just don't fit my hand, and never have. I haven't tried the 26, but hope to do so soon; as I had to recommend it to a buddy for his ccw. I vastly prefer 1911's, and even more than them, most of the Sigs. Seems to me that the Sigs just have the total package, even with all the criticism you find on Sigforum. One of the reasons I do like the 1911s is the reliability, ease of use, pointability, and accuracy. You gotta admit that hundred year old grand daddy platform has and does serve us well. Every one I've ever tried that wasn't known junk to start with performed pretty well. Ok... rant off.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Get Glock?

I bought my first Glock a 17 while I was still in the Army in 1988. I have had them since. so they were out way before the XDs and were state of the art. I personally believe you cant beat the G19 for a CCW. Again, that is also my opinion.

No doubt that few autos can compare to a high end 1911, if Im not carrying a Glock then its a 1911, usually a Kimber.

I have owned 2 XDs and I just dont get those..... its a Glock w/ bells and whistles that arent needed, I guess its the Infantry in me, but keep it simple is a hard process to beat.

Like me and XDs, if you dont get the Glocks, finds something that works for you and shoot the lands n grooves out of it!!! Enjoy it, thats why there are so many different brands and models, some work for others better.

I stick w/ Glocks, Sigs, Berettas and 1911s.... what one will or does not do another can....

My :twocents:.

troy96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    The Glock is a very natural point and shoot gun for me. Exactly what I look for in a carry weapon. No bells and whistles, more to the point, fewer things to go wrong with the weapon.

bm9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everyone has there opinion and are entitled and I'll admitt I felt the same way about the Glock for many years but now own several. What I will say is that no matter how you feel you can't argue with the glock performance in the feild and in competion.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have pretty much stayed out of Glock threads because I had never fired one.. The most I could say about them was that they just are not a natural pointer for me, that I have never liked the way they feel in my hand and that they are terribly ugly...

Today I fired my first Glock. It was a Glock 17 in 9mm, it seemed to shoot and function ok. The felt recoil was far more than my XD9 (It was a lot snappier) and the accuracy was not all that impressive. I can say now after forcing myself to put 100+ rounds downrange with a Glock. (After the first 2 mags I didn't even really want to shoot it anymore.) I just cant comprehend how guys shoot these and get all fuzzy about it. My experience was like Ick and shudder yucky...

At least I can now say my position on the Glock vs XD vs 1911 debate is clear cut. IMHO the XD is far superior to the Glock in comfort and accuracy, however neither one hold a candle to a high end 1911, maybe I am just old fashioned, but at least my Ol'man would be proud lol...:dunno: Flame On!!!

Based on other guns you have shot, could you please rate the guns starting with the gun you like the best please? I would be interested to know. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This is the nicest XD/Glock thread I have ever seen

Probably because it is about your personal, unique experience, and no one can argue that you don't feel the way you do.

You said "Glocks aren't for me", and even we "fanboys" can't argue with that.

Now if you had said "Glocks are terrible guns!" you might've had some spillage. . . :D

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I don't agree about the 1911 comment. 1911s don't hold a candle to the Glocks lack of maintenance and functionality right out of the box. W/ Glock, you don't have to buy special aftermarket mags to get it to run, buff on it, replace factory parts, treat it like a safe queen etc.
    :twocents: :ingo::patriot:

Now thats funny, cause the 2 1911's that I own have never had an issue right out of the box. Both have ran 100% with out any problems, 1 is getting close to 4 yrs now for me and thousands of rounds. The only thing I've replaced is the grips on 1 of them (and thats cause I wanted to, not cause I needed to). They both run great with the supplied mags and the only reason I bought more was cause I wanted to. Neither one has required more maintenance then the Glocks that I own. Both styles get cleaned and lubed after every time at the range (sorry I guess I just take care of my guns). And neither one is a safe queen, I carry one or the other every time I go out the door.

:twocents::ingo::patriot:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I just cant comprehend how guys shoot these and get all fuzzy about it.
    :dunno:

I've shot a few different glocks and I agree with you. They've really taken vanilla and made it a best-seller with a great marketing campaign. There's nothing wrong with glocks, per se, but they're seriously over-hyped.
    I see the situation a lot like an over-rated football player. The ones hyping him can't see anything else through their tunnel vision, and can't understand why everyone else isn't as ga-ga over him as they are. Others sit back, and compare him to other football players, and say, "yeah, he's good, but he really doesn't have any advantage over X, Y, or Z."

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Most 1911 shooters don't have that trouble. Sorry about your poor luck.:dunno:

Sometimes it is just that. Then other times it's not a myth after all. I've got a G19 that has about 5K rounds now and it can be finicky with wolf. I label that as kinda finicky. I'm not 1911 hater if that is what you think. I've just had less problems with Glock than with any other pistol I've had. So, that is what I keep on hand. The problems, in life as well as on the range, is good for me.

Interestingly, I've had a failure to feed with my G19 once too.

:twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Darn it... I was going to steal that for my sig line. Now I need to change it again LOL.

You guys do realize that if anyone clicks on the little blue arrow icon that it shows them my exact post with my exact text, right? :D

Besides, anyone can make a quote say anything they want it to.

ATM and Joe Williams said:
    We're in love!

:D;)

Top Bottom