• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My personal favorite is the Raven Phantom. A great design that is both an inside and outside the waistband holster; you simply change the belt loops. Well worth looking into. they have a good backlog but they are well worth it. I really like the simple Glock Sport/Combat holster and I've used one for going on 3 years as a daily carry holster and an IDPA competition holster. Both Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech make great holsters, too. Don't go on the cheap; you just dropped over $500 on a good gun don't balk at spending 20% of that cost on a home for it!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well the good news is there are many many options

I've got my G27 in a DeSantis Intruder at the moment (IWB hybrid), I've got a DeSantis companion (IWB pancake with retention strap) that's nice but doesn't agree with the CT laser grips so it's used less often now; also am a fan of the Blackhawk Serpa CQC ("Kydex" OWB with retion screw and lever).

You'll probably have to try a few, IWB is pretty common method with the G27 and this video can offer a few tips for it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjUknHqvGY&feature=g-u

Once you do find that right holster though you'll find you tend to go for it everyday and feel weird without it. Just make sure the trigger guard is well covered because that's where the focal point of the Glock safeties lie.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My personal favorite is the Raven Phantom. A great design that is both an inside and outside the waistband holster; you simply change the belt loops. Well worth looking into. they have a good backlog but they are well worth it. I really like the simple Glock Sport/Combat holster and I've used one for going on 3 years as a daily carry holster and an IDPA competition holster. Both Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech make great holsters, too. Don't go on the cheap; you just dropped over $500 on a good gun don't balk at spending 20% of that cost on a home for it!

One on ebay for g27 currently! Not mine.
    Raven Concealment Phantom | eBay

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I have the Raven Phantom and I am not a huge fan. I prefer my Blackhawk Serpa (and even with carbon fiber) it is nearly half the price. I got it that it can be made to an IWB holster, but to be honest, I think I would rather have a nice leather pancake for that than kydex/plastic (seems more forgiving....maybe I'm wrong).

Also, I notice more holster wear from my Raven than the Serpa.

Good luck!

Theslab1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Lafayette
    Glock 27 beltclip

I purchased a Clipdraw for my Glock 27.
    Mounts on either side of gun. No holster required. An option to consider for about $25.
    May not be the end all but you can always tuck your gun away.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I don't have any 21 specific personal recommendations but I also did want to throw out there to make sure you give a good real gun belt a try, as a poor belt will make even the best of holsters subpar; you want something that's not going to give stretch and bend over the course of years, it needs to distribute a lot of weight and make it so all that ammo doesn't make your pants ride lopsided, also when going IWB it's going to help secure the gun in place. A real purpose made gun belt drastically outshines even the tougher Carhart type belts, general rule is (with few exceptions) if you can buy it in a chain store then it's probably not up to the task.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I purchased a Clipdraw for my Glock 27.
    Mounts on either side of gun. No holster required. An option to consider for about $25.
    May not be the end all but you can always tuck your gun away.

So how do you cover the trigger? Or are you using one of their trigger blocks?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What holster do you all recommend for a glock 21?

I have used for the last 3 years Glock's Sport/Combat holster. They make them for both frame sizes. I wear mine for daily carry and for IDPA, too. I'm a big fan of Raven's Phantom holster as well as those by Blade-Tech.

like canav844 said, don't skimp on a belt. A good belt made for carrying a load along with a quality holster will go a long long way in making any gun comfortable for carry.

dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    OWB? Blackhawk! SERPA is what I use. For an IWB, i use a Raven Concealment Phantom, mainly because I have my TLR-1 attached, which is nice to have a holster that carries both. Honestly, it is uncomfortable, I do think crossbreeds are MUCH more comfy.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I just received my new gun belt in the mail today and WOW! What a difference! I got it from Battle Boy Surplus. Its made of Bull leather and is 1/4" thick. Paid $70, but as everyone else has said, a good belt is worth every penny. Good luck in your search. I'll also give a +1 to Blackhawk Serpa and Crossbreeds. Both great holsters!

Top Bottom