• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Only effects 9mm pistols.

^that

Used to be recoil spring, they are all fixed.

Some glocks are ejecting soft or backwards instead of sideways. It seems to be mainly due to forging marks that weren't polished off on the extractor. The ejector too was an issue, but really only magnified the extractor issue.

I wouldn't let it scare you even if you got a 9mm. They are easily fixed for cheap or glock will fix them for free. These problems happening are rare, it's just that so many glocks are made/sold that the seem to appear frequently on forums.

;)

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I have a new gen 4 17 fde and it has the new spring and extractor. Probably the most accurate and reliable pistol I own.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yesterday a Glock armorer for a local(ish) PD told me they are experiencing Gen4 problems with cracking at the rear of the slide (40S&W). I don't know exact pin-point location, and I don't know the cause or fix. I just know he (while carrying a Gen3 duty) steered his buddy from the Gen4 to anything else and gave that as the reason.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I've had my gen 4 G22 and it's had 1 fte, 1 brass to the forehead and 1 to the right eyeball of the protective lens' (yes eye protection is worn for a reason!) with 500 rounds through it so far. It's all been the garbage ammo from Walmart so that may have something to do with it.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've taken my Gen4 G19 through 2 classes and a total of 700-800 rounds since May. I've had one FTE with the empty shell casing stuck in the ejection port. I have a strong feeling I was limp wristing the gun when that happened. It was flawless in the classes. I trust my life to the gun now; I feel they are a safe bet at this point.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Wife's Gen 4 G26 has about 500 rounds through it and not one misfeed. Even with extended 17 round mag. It did however get polished and trigger job from 8 to 3.5 before we ever shot it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I wouldn't let it scare you even if you got a 9mm. They are easily fixed for cheap or glock will fix them for free. These problems happening are rare, it's just that so many glocks are made/sold that the seem to appear frequently on forums.

I dont agree. and it seems to be the 9s w/ the problems.

I bought 2 9mms w/in 6 months. Glock exchanged one for another and it is having problems (so total of 3). All have had problems. Current 9mm Glocks are S**t. Glock doesn't have a clue how to fix them. The one they replaced went back twice before they finally replaced the whole gun on the 3rd trip. I think too many people are accepting the failures, blaming some voodoo, and moving on.

Best was a G19 that went approx 1k before its first failure. Worst was a G34 that couldn't get through a mag by the time it was exchanged. Replacement starting having a malfunction every couple of mags.

It's not just the Gen 4s. All 3 I've had were Gen 3s.

Lots of theories and bandaid fixes out there, but no consistent fix. I've started trying to debug myself. Initial testing w/ a gen4 ejector is promissing, but I'm not convinced it's fixed. The more I study the extractor design, the more I'm surprised they run at all.

Apex Tactical is about to release an extractor that they believe fixes the problem.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting_sports/183441-new_production_gun-6.html

-rvb

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have a Gen4 G22 and had 0 issues with it. It's got over 2000 rounds through it, and a year of USPSA.

It's my EDC and I trust my life with it to go bang every time.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    The extractor can be "tuned" to adjust the ejection spread. The gen 3 and gen 4 extractors are quite a bit different. Local PD guy brought his gen 3 22 in due to FTE issue. His duty gen 4 started having issues so he got new extractors for both. The new parts were different than both, but a gen 3 22 extractor works fine in both pistols.

Why change a good thing?

Why make 4-5 different recoil springs for the same weapon and try to figure it out during the production run? Makes no sense to me.

Top Bottom