• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Care to elaborate why it's junk? First time I've heard that from an armorer.

It's outdated stuff. It is copper anti-seize. Copper dust and 50 weight motor oil.

So many of the newer lubes on the market have a higher shear strength and better burn off properties it's not even funny.

Think of it more like cosmolene for a glock.....

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Any specific brand you recommend? Even entire cleaning kit. I still dont have a good quality cleaning kit yet. Because I don't know which to get.

Sorry for off topic.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I was always under the impression the copper lube was more of a "Break-in" substance than a lubricant. Ive put tetra grease on my rails and leave it. Runs great! Glocks do malfunction but considering how many of them there are id say thats still impressive.
    Grip the pistol tight and as high in the web of the hand as possible.

Bring on the blown-up Glock pictures:rockwoot:

Slash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Havent they had problems with the gen 4 glocks? Has yours had the recall fixes done to it?

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Flow-TFCC20029-Grease-Lubricator-Blister/dp/B001C69GOM/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1365386677&sr=8-15&keywords=triflow"]Triflow[/ame]

&

don't limp wrist

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was always under the impression the copper lube was more of a "Break-in" substance than a lubricant. Ive put tetra grease on my rails and leave it. Runs great! Glocks do malfunction but considering how many of them there are id say thats still impressive.
    Grip the pistol tight and as high in the web of the hand as possible.

Bring on the blown-up Glock pictures:rockwoot:

Yes, it is.
    Copa-slip is so much better. Still a copper based product but miles ahead of the Glock issue.
    There are much better products out there.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I practiced more yesterday, and didn't have any problems. I guess going from a 32 revolver to a 45 Glock was a little silly :D Thanks for the video too.

Rem-oil is what I have on it right now, I just didn't strip the copper off it first. The manual said to use oil and leave the copper. I have amazon prime as well, I will get the frog stuff :D.

I don't know about the recalls, I will look into that. I would think I don't need any recalls, seeing as how the test fire day was in February of 2013.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks to Jon for the video clip.

I've never had the Glocks (all compacts) do that, with hundreds of rounds through each.

Definitely something to look at, as a possibility. But, never even thought about it, because slow fire or 'machine gun' rapidity (well, at least as fast as *I* can pull the trigger, just never had one do it.

As for lube, I keep all weapons lubed up pretty well, so never had an issue. Metal and contact parts just seem to work better with a coating of lube between 'em.

Never heard of anyone putting 'a drop or two' of oil in their engine to keep the pistons from being 'too lubed up', LOL. :D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    In an engine ... Too much oil in the wrong place is bad (like the combustion chamber). Guns are the same - oil attracts/holds dirt and too much can either simply get dirty and gum up or the excess just runs out.

The firing pin spring, for example, needs minimal oil. The rails, however, you can be more liberal with.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    In an engine ... Too much oil in the wrong place is bad (like the combustion chamber). Guns are the same - oil attracts/holds dirt and too much can either simply get dirty and gum up or the excess just runs out.

The firing pin spring, for example, needs minimal oil. The rails, however, you can be more liberal with.

Now ya done gone done it bub.

Glock firing pin prings don't get oil.

Oil here:

*rails
    *crusafix (sp?)
    *barrel
    *locking lug
    *barrel & top breach area (where shiny)

That's it.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    It's outdated stuff. It is copper anti-seize. Copper dust and 50 weight motor oil.

So many of the newer lubes on the market have a higher shear strength and better burn off properties it's not even funny.

Think of it more like cosmolene for a glock.....

Agreed. Even Glock doesn't expect anyone to replace it when it comes off.

Get a bottle of any good gun oil and it'll last forever. I try different ones from time to time just for the heck of it and to say that I'm familiar with different ones when people ask about them. I'm currently using MPro7, which they tout as the "next greatest thing." To me, they're all the same. I've noticed no difference even when shooting 2,000 rounds in a week with no cleaning.

M-Pro7 Gun Oil LPX - MPro7

Heck, I've even been known to use lithium wheel bearing grease in my AR's and that worked great. But I don't recommend it.:D

Top Bottom