• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    When I'm deciding on what weapon I should purchase and carry, "can I bury this for a few years and then shoot it afterward" has never been a criteria for me.

I guess there's a cool factor there for the Glock fans, I just don't see the purpose.

I agree. The "criteria" for me is will it work? Not working in just pristine conditions, but also will it work in bad conditions as well. After all, I carry a gun to protect me and my family so my number one "criteria" is will it work when I need it to work, no matter what the conditions are. It is for this reason, and this reason alone, is why I choose a Glock. To each his own, but with ease of operation, dependability, and costs (both in initial price and upkeep) plus the ability to change calibers with a drop in barrel with the proper magazines, the best choice I see is my Glock.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    A couple of them can shoot.

There's one guy who going to end up with a very sore left thumb one of these days. Crossing it behind the slide. :noway:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    This video just proves how the fanboys will do just about anything to try and demonstrate superiority. The problem is, they cleaned it up first. How is that impressive? You could do that to most any gun, especially the polymers. :dunno:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Yeah. The fact that the media calls all handguns a Glock. It's a propaganda campaign.:rolleyes:

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Not trying to be a ______, but I did say "selling". No propaganda, just a fact.

I fail to see the logic in paying $1000.00+ for something that is much heavier to carry and a smaller magazine capacity that simply will not work "better". Like I said earlier, to each his own, but in this economy I want the best bang for my buck (pun intended).;)

I do have other handguns including a 1911 and had a Para P12, but for me it is just not "better". I don't mean any offense to you or anybody else, but we each have our own opinions and we do what works best for us. That should be okay, yes?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    You sure about that? I'll give you and Google some quality time together.

The Glock 22: New-school Semiautomatic

The M1911, with its seven-round magazine, might be considered by some to be a bit old-school. The Glock family of handguns offers a modern alternative. The Glock 17, so named because it represented the company's 17th patent, created a sensation when it was released in 1983. Its firepower was matched by its simplicity of use. Today, the Glock 22, a 16-shot .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol, is the most popular law enforcement handgun. And many gun enthusiasts and sportsmen swear by their Glocks, which come in several variants to accommodate different types of ammunition.

Of course this is limited to semi-automatics as per the thread.:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    That two years in the ground may have actually improved the Glock's looks a little bit! Too bad he had to go and clean it off...

Maybe this will work a little better.
    Top 10 Best Handguns in 2013 List
    The link says 2013 but the comments on that page are from 2011. All things may be possible on the internet, but I call shenanigans on time travel.

Don't get me wrong, I love my P250C but I haven't seen anything that would tell me it's on any top ten list for either this or last year. It's hard enough to find holsters and stuff for it...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Glock 22: New-school Semiautomatic

The M1911, with its seven-round magazine, might be considered by some to be a bit old-school. The Glock family of handguns offers a modern alternative. The Glock 17, so named because it represented the company's 17th patent, created a sensation when it was released in 1983. Its firepower was matched by its simplicity of use. Today, the Glock 22, a 16-shot .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol, is the most popular law enforcement handgun. And many gun enthusiasts and sportsmen swear by their Glocks, which come in several variants to accommodate different types of ammunition.

Of course this is limited to semi-automatics as per the thread.:)

Most popular with law enforcement or "semi-automatics" isn't the same as

snowwalker said:
    There is a reason that Glock is the best selling handgun name in the U.S. today.

I'm curious if you have a source for that statement. It may be the best selling semi-auto, I don't know. What I do know is both Ruger and S&W make more handguns than all manufacturers in Austria import to the US combined per Shooting Industry magazine. However, they both make revolvers as well, and I don't have any stats about how many are exported and how many stay stateside. Total handgun sales, though, seems to have Glock in 3rd place per most industry stats.

Some random "best 10" has nothing to do with total sales.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    30bnur5.jpg

Top Bottom