• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thank you all for your great answers!
    I like them all, the G17 is one of the first guns I ever shot but I think I will go with the G19 at first.
    I also want to teach my girlfriend to shoot the gun.I dont think that the G26 would be good for a first time shooter because of the grip size.You need to be experienced with handguns already in order to shoot a subcompact gun IMO.
    Also as im not a big guy I think I would conceal the 19 better than the 17.
    So 19 it is ... now I have to choose the color.Its hard to choose between black and black. :D

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Glock 17 with a shaved grip

I just did some trading and got one of these I love the way it cc and still shoots real good. just another option. LOL

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Well, you can choose OD green...or black
    Gen3, Gen3 RTF, Gen4.
    Compensated?
    You ain't done choosin' yet!
    Nite sights? Adj rear sight? Steel or plastic sights?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, you can choose OD green...or black
    Gen3, Gen3 RTF, Gen4.
    Compensated?
    You ain't done choosin' yet!
    Nite sights? Adj rear sight? Steel or plastic sights?

Black is fine with me.
    I like the Gen3, the Gen4 just came out with a dual recoil spring so im not sure about it yet.

I dont know much about sights.I guess what comes out of the box from the factory is just fine.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    "I guess what comes out of the box from the factory is just fine."

My God, Man! Go wash your mouth out!
    Listen, I'm old, you will be too one day...get the nitesights.
    If you're unsure, get the nightsights.
    They will add to the resale value, get the nightsights.
    Here's a story:
    Years from now,when you've delegated the 19 to your back up gun, Me and you are having coffee one nite. I just came from teaching a nite high school class-so I'm unarmed. Zombies attack! Our Starbucks has turned into a death zone! You pull your new Glock G1000 and knowing I'm unarmed you holler out, "hey Strato, here's my 19"! and toss me you're back up. 'Cept I can't hit squat cause you didn't get the nitesights!!!!
    Get the nitesights...

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My XD-9 is mighty fine!!! Hehe...
    :stickpoke:

image.php

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "I guess what comes out of the box from the factory is just fine."

My God, Man! Go wash your mouth out!
    Listen, I'm old, you will be too one day...get the nitesights.
    If you're unsure, get the nightsights.
    They will add to the resale value, get the nightsights.
    Here's a story:
    Years from now,when you've delegated the 19 to your back up gun, Me and you are having coffee one nite. I just came from teaching a nite high school class-so I'm unarmed. Zombies attack! Our Starbucks has turned into a death zone! You pull your new Glock G1000 and knowing I'm unarmed you holler out, "hey Strato, here's my 19"! and toss me you're back up. 'Cept I can't hit squat cause you didn't get the nitesights!!!!
    Get the nitesights...

If you are old already, years from now you will be really old.
    I dont think I will toss my back up gun to an old cenile person you would just unload it in my butt by mistake. :D
    But anyway in a few years after a few more shootings in schools they will finally change the stupid law and let teachers carry in school so you will probably be armed with your own G1000 anyway when you get back from your class. :dunno:
    But I get your point old man ... I will look at the nitesights. :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The G19 just seems to be the best of Glock 9mms for size, weight, capacity, shootability and concealed carry.

Thats my :twocents:,

I agree, im 99% sure its the gun I will pick now.
    As for capacity I like that you can use G17 mags as spare mags for your G19.

I have to figure out what's the average price for the Glock 19.
    I havent been in a gun store in a while.What's the average price here in Indiana for the basic Glock 19 Gen3 (taxes included)?
    I need to know how much I need to save now.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    IMO the Glock 19 would be your best bet. It's large enough that you can use it as a tactical/ duty pistol WTSHTF, and small enough that you can conceal year round in Indiana weather.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I agree, im 99% sure its the gun I will pick now.
    As for capacity I like that you can use G17 mags as spare mags for your G19.

I have to figure out what's the average price for the Glock 19.
    I havent been in a gun store in a while.What's the average price here in Indiana for the basic Glock 19 Gen3 (taxes included)?
    I need to know how much I need to save now.

Steven R. Jenkins has 9mm Glocks for around 350.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Glock Pricing... $398.20 is the price for LE/Mil/Armorers (any armorer) for minor calibers (17,19, 22, 23, 26, 26, etc.) Major calibers (ALL .45s and 10 mils) are $464.20, G34 and G35 are $480.20.
    GSSF prices are $27 more across the board.
    One thing... even though the G4s are more MSRP, GSSF and LE/Mil/Armorers pay the same price as the G3. BTW, G17L and the G24 are NOT included in the discount purchase program.

Differing sights increase the base cost across the board:
    Adjustable: + $22
    GNS: + $57
    Ameriglo: + $69
    Trijicon: + $79
    TruGlo TFO: + $95

From personal experience I have NO knowledge of S.R.Jenkins & Co. EVER dealing with a GSSF Member, Armor, or a CIVILIAN. I *believe* they DO sell to "American Guardians" : Police Para Med/Emt, Firemen...
    I'm not aware of ANY Glock dealer in central Indiana that honors GSSF Member/Armor pricing. If there's one let me know, I can send him business tomorrow!
    To get the Member pricing you have to join GSSF-35 bucks a year. You can call around to neighboring states and find Glock dealers that will sign you up for gssf, sell you (your) pistol and ship it to your FFL for 10 bucks.
    Of course you'll need to pay Indiana sales tax on your purchase, I guess you could call the Indiana Tax people to figure out how to do that.
    For example, G-19 $425.20 + GSSF $35.00 + Shipping $10.00 + Nitesights
    $57.00 = $527.20 Tax is 7%x $482.20= $33.65 Soooo $550.85 PLUS what your FFL guy charges. Thats a "lead pipe cinch" price.
    I dunno what retailers ask for a 19 with GNS around here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom