Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    No worries, just post up your thoughts when you get it/have a chance to shoot it. I'm interested in the Glock 43 with Laser Guard combo. I need to do some reading on green vs red and the tradeoffs. I'd be looking toward a hybrid holster. I currently carry either a 26 or 19 in a Galco King Tuk. I'm guessing I'll have to go Crossbreed to get a hybrid IWB that can accommodate the laser.

I'm particularly interested in whether the laser guard eats up too much space under the trigger guard on such a small pistol.

The Laserguard came into today, and I just got around to putting it on the gun. (I kinda got sidetracked, my new STI DVC came in today too.)

First impressions.
    1) Easy to install.
    2) Doesn't make the little gun seem bulkier in any way.
    3) As soon as you establish your grip on the gun, the laser is ON.
    4) Oddly enough, I had a old Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster, size 12, in my holster drawer that I was putting the G43 in, not to carry but just to put in for now. The G43 fit good without the Laserguard, the G43 fit even better with it! lol

I think it will be a great combo.

I know Streamlight is come out with a laser and light combo, IMHO, after looking at some of the posted pics I think it will add a good bit more bulk.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The Laserguard came into today, and I just got around to putting it on the gun. (I kinda got sidetracked, my new STI DVC came in today too.)

First impressions.
    1) Easy to install.
    2) Doesn't make the little gun seem bulkier in any way.
    3) As soon as you establish your grip on the gun, the laser is ON.
    4) Oddly enough, I had a old Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster, size 12, in my holster drawer that I was putting the G43 in, not to carry but just to put in for now. The G43 fit good without the Laserguard, the G43 fit even better with it! lol

I think it will be a great combo.

I know Streamlight is come out with a laser and light combo, IMHO, after looking at some of the posted pics I think it will add a good bit more bulk.

Thanks for the info. How well does your hand fit the grip before/after the laser guard with the flush mag in?

Where did you order the laser from?

What kind of carry holster are you going to use for this combo? I'm figuring if I go this route, I'll end up with a Crossbreed IWB as they make a version for the gun with the laser. Maybe a minituck, although not sure how much smaller the mini is vs the super tuck.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    You lose about 1/8th of an inch under the trigger guard, noticeable but not uncomfortable. That said, my plan is to use TT+2 mag bases as standard equipment, which will help with grip area.

I ordered the Laserguard and some spare mags from Lone wolf, however, I later found it cheaper at Ghost. Figures! glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom Crismson Trace LG-443 Laserguard®for GLOCK 42 W/Holster glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom

I have one of these on order, Blade-Tech Holster GLOCK 43 | Official Crimson Trace , for me it will probably work just fine.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ghost trigger connector and Ameriglo sights installed.

10390140_10153003349218528_8027033517292186869_n.jpg

10955231_10153003448893528_1519958727753448488_n.jpg

10009776_10153003460618528_7157210969699960263_n.jpg

I'll add some Taran Tactical plates and probably smooth in the trigger guard as well as undercut it a bit after put more rounds through it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Shot mine again today, made the mistake of also running a few rounds thru my trusty GenII G17. The trigger on my G43 is the worst Glock trigger I have ever encountered. I just tried to measure the pull, but my gauge only goes to 10lbs. :dunno:

Ya, it is that bad.

Also, the Laser sucks for day time practice. And I am not sure if I will keep it on the gun, I need more time with it I suppose.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shot mine again today, made the mistake of also running a few rounds thru my trusty GenII G17. The trigger on my G43 is the worst Glock trigger I have ever encountered. I just tried to measure the pull, but my gauge only goes to 10lbs. :dunno:

Ya, it is that bad.

Also, the Laser sucks for day time practice. And I am not sure if I will keep it on the gun, I need more time with it I suppose.

That's the main reason I am considering a green laser. Supposed to be significantly better during the day.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thats odd bigcraig the only 43 I've pulled the trigger on had a weight that really was just fine. But it had an odd reset where the trigger had a jump/pop when the slide ran... Can anyone confirm or deny that this was specific to the specific firearm or are all of the triggers like that?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Thats odd bigcraig the only 43 I've pulled the trigger on had a weight that really was just fine. But it had an odd reset where the trigger had a jump/pop when the slide ran... Can anyone confirm or deny that this was specific to the specific firearm or are all of the triggers like that?

My trigger feels like it has the same pull as every other Glock I've had, including a 42, 19, and 17. The only thing I don't like are the serrations on the trigger, but they really aren't a big deal. I probably wouldn't have noticed them if I hadn't read people fussing about it.

Btw, I just had Truglo TFX night sights put on my 43 yesterday, and wow, they are nice! In daylight, they are super bright. I can't imagine how they'll be with the sun hitting them. They are great in the dark, too, and seem to be brighter than other tritium night sights I've seen, but not so bright they interfere with targeting. I'm going to try and get to the range today with it to try it out. Bradis put them on my gun for free and did a very nice and proper job, using loc-tite on the front screw and rear set screw, and a micrometer to center it all up. (I love that gun store, btw.)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Note, I have been running Glocks for a long time and have modded there triggers to very extreme degrees from mild clean up to damn near unsafe. This one is bad, very bad. The trigger on my trusty G17 is what I consider "mild cleanup" with a 5lbs break. which for me is perfect for a carry gun.

To make matters worse, I was at PSS picking up my new Open gun, and tried the trigger on Bob's personal G43 that had been worked over, it was great.

ferganer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    South
    Hello All. New member here :)

First impressions: I got my Glock 43 a few weeks ago. I love the diminutive size and feel of the gun in the hand. Excellent for EDC.

I had to part with it for a few weeks, however, as it came with the slide all scratched up from getting into contact with other items in the case (lock, brush, etc.) that came loose. Given Glock's new less than scratchproof finish, they need to make sure to properly package it at the factory. Anyway, Glock agreed to take it for evaluation and refinishing at no cost to me (other than a 4-8 week turnaround). I'll report back about the refinishing job after I get the gun back. Btw, I asked the warranty rep about whether they outsource their refinishing, he told me that refinishing is now done in-house.

Handling and Accuracy: I have taken the G43 to a range twice and shot about 200 rounds through it. I am so used to my CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical that the experience with my new Glock 43 was quite off-putting.

First, I have a large palm and I struggled to get a good grip of the gun, especially with the flush magazine. The first time at the range, I had a few FTEs/FTFs, which appeared to be due to my insufficiently firm grip (limp-wristing). I bought Talon Grips, which somewhat addressed the issue, but I still can't get a good grip of the pistol, especially if my hands get sweaty.

Accuracy for the Glock was less than stellar. Maybe I am just too spoiled by my CZ. See the pic attached with targets at around 10 yards (G43 on the left, CZ on the right). I didn't even try hard with my CZ and consistently grouped close to the bulls eye. With the Glock, I just couldn't even predict where the bullet would land. I realize that comparing a full-size CZ with a subcompact pistol is not fair, but I guess I still need to learn how to shoot my Glock 43. I noticed that I was shooting a little better with the pinky extension magazine, so I ordered the +1 Taran Tactical base pads, which I hope will help me shoot more accurately.

Also, the recoil of the G43 is manageable, but definitely MUCH MUCH more noticeable than that of my CZ, which has almost no recoil to begin with :) With that said, I like the trigger on the G43. It's consistent, and the pull is heavy enough to not to be too concerned about an accidental discharge.

Another issue that probably contributed to the Glock's poor performance at the range were the factory plastic sights. I just can't get the correct sight picture. I bought Ameriglo Hackathorn sights and sent them along with the gun to Glock. They said that they would install them for free. I love Glock customer service so far.

Other Accessories: I also bought the Comp-Tac Flatline holster. Superb quality. Highly recommended, especially for OWB carry.

I will report new findings as soon as I get the gun back and take it to the range with the new sights and the magazine extension basepads.

target.jpg

Last edited:

ferganer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    South
    Here is an interview with a Glock engineer about the Glock 43 release :))))

[video=youtube;nngBdzmH6VI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngBdzmH6VI[/video]

Judson951

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    I had mine for about 1 month and just sold it. The gun felt great in my hand however I was not accurate with it and I hated the trigger!

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I had mine for about 1 month and just sold it. The gun felt great in my hand however I was not accurate with it and I hated the trigger!

That's how I felt about the 42 when I rented it, so much so that I completely skipped the 43 all together. I may still rent one just to be a completest, but I don't anticipate my mind being radically changed (though I'm always happy to be proven wrong). Oddly though, I like and shoot other Glocks just fine.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have decided the CT Laser Guard is not for me. (Check the EE for a fair deal.)

That said, I am leaning towards the Trijicon HD for NS, but I am a fan of using only a front NS with a blacked out rear. Time to do some interweb searching.

Top Bottom