Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Bradis seems to get them in fairly frequently. I'd just keep checking back with them.

I was able to find a used one at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. I was there when a guy brought his back. He had traded his Shield for it, shot a couple mags through it, then decided he liked the shield better. When he brought it back, I snatched it for $425! I put 50 flawless rounds through it and immediately fell in love with it. I also threw some Talon rubber grip tape on it and picked up an Aliengear holster and also a really nicely done kydex IWB holster off Ebay. New night sights might be up next on mine.

Shooter, does Bradis carry the Ameriglo sights for the 43? If so, how much, and how do you like them?

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    what local shops in Indy have them in stock , I went to Bradis today and they only have a display model, they are big volume shop , so if they don't have them in stock does anyone have them in stock ?

Check Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield and Point Blank in Carmel. Both had 43s in stock last week.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    10dvb61.jpg

Well it took a month on the dot but I finally got my taran tactical baseplates in. They feel good and are of very nice quality. I haven't had a chance to run them yet so we'll see. All drop free and insert easy. They're definitely taking advantage of being the only ones on the market right now with the price. I'm sure they'll come down when other companies start coming out with ones but I needed more ammo now! 8 rounds in the gun and another 16 on my belt make me a happy camper.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Nice looking holster/mag carrier....wish I had one just like it.

wait I do have one exactly like those. Thanks hpclayto for making them.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm sure they'll come down when other companies start coming out with ones but I needed more ammo now!
    Haha, I wouldn't count on it unfortunately. The price is on par with the rest of his basepads, and worth it in my opinion. Patiently waiting for mine... :) Nice looking holster, by the way!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone running a Crimson Trace on a 43 yet? I'm interested. I have several Glocks, but personally don't run a laser currently. My brother (in FL) has a couple of Crimson Traces mounted on Glocks, so I have done some minimal shooting with one on a 19. I'm wondering how much "bulk" it might add to a 43.

I'm interested in the Laserguard model (not the grip), so it should not really add any width to the gun, I would not think. I'd have to probably go Crossbreed for the holster to accommodate the laser, but I'd have to get a new holster if I get a 43 anyway.

Then there is the decision of red or green on the laser.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone is running one on a 43 yet.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    10dvb61.jpg

Well it took a month on the dot but I finally got my taran tactical baseplates in. They feel good and are of very nice quality. I haven't had a chance to run them yet so we'll see. All drop free and insert easy. They're definitely taking advantage of being the only ones on the market right now with the price. I'm sure they'll come down when other companies start coming out with ones but I needed more ammo now! 8 rounds in the gun and another 16 on my belt make me a happy camper.

Who makes that holster?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    when I look at those taran tactical plus one base plates it just pisses me off glock just didn't make the gun 7+1 from the factory!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Sorry, after 4 pages I jumped to the end.. 20% reviews and 80% wish I had one?
    I ran a few mags through our rental at Parabellum. Surprising but, at least for me, less felt recoil than a Shield. Like the 42, very manageable recoil for a small pistol. Seems to me the 42 and 43 are the most pleasant to shoot of all of the single stack 9s and 380s. Is the 43 worth $100 more than a shield, maybe for some but not for me. I like the 8 round capacity of the Shield and the recoil isn't that much more than the 43.. Great pistol but I would like to talk with one of engineers and ask why the internals have been completely redesigned rather than just scaled down from the 9/40 pistols, just a point of curiosity for me.
    It's hard to beat Glock at their own gamel, IMHO, this is a great little pistol. Unless you have unrealistic expectations I can't imagine you being disappointed with a 43.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do you know when you will have any more Glock 43's in stock?

what local shops in Indy have them in stock , I went to Bradis today and they only have a display model, they are big volume shop , so if they don't have them in stock does anyone have them in stock ?

We have sold about 25 of them so far, and have been getting in 2-3 a week lately. But they do tend to sell quickly. For those times when we might be between orders, we do have a demo gun with Tru-Glo TFX sights on it for folks to handle.

Shooter, does Bradis carry the Ameriglo sights for the 43? If so, how much, and how do you like them?

We do, they are $99.95. The G43 uses the same sights as the 42, so there were already several night sight options on the market when the gun was launched. The particular set I put on mine has the white outlines in back and the fluorescent orange surround up front. I like that setup a lot, although I have encountered some transitional lighting situations where neither sight enhancement seems to work well (too dark for the fluorescent, but not dark enough for the tritium). In that case, one just uses them like an all-black target sight, assuming there is enough light to see the front sight against your target.

Seems to me the 42 and 43 are the most pleasant to shoot of all of the single stack 9s and 380s.

I would certainly agree with that assessment. Shooting the G43 for the first time was enough of a difference that it prompted me to sell my Kahr P9 and PM9 immediately.

I would like to talk with one of engineers and ask why the internals have been completely redesigned rather than just scaled down from the 9/40 pistols

My impression from talking to Glock reps is that there just wasn't enough room in the 42 frame to fit everything, even miniaturized, and have it work right. Once the redesign was done for the 42, they just scaled it up for the 43. And that's *my* biggest peeve, that the 42 and 43 are not only completely different from every other Glock in terms of internals, but they are different from each other, as well (i.e. many of the parts look the same but will not interchange due to the size difference).

My $.02.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well, the Bradis sales staff hard sold me a G43. lol

I put 300rds thru the gun today. I merely shot steel plates at 10yds and no "group" precision shooting.

The gun ran flawlessly and the only time I missed the steel was when rushed my shot.

Trigger needs some work, seems heavy right at the break point.

Overall, I like it. So much so, I ordered the Crimson Trace laser for it. (IMHO, these tiny guns with lasers are a good combo.)

Trigger guard needs undercut, and I want some +2 base pads for the mags. Should make a good low threat carry piece or a BUG.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Overall, I like it. So much so, I ordered the Crimson Trace laser for it. (IMHO, these tiny guns with lasers are a good combo.)

Which one did you order? The laser guard? Green or red? I'm interested in this, and your thoughts once you get the laser.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    10dvb61.jpg

did you order direct from TTI? It seems they stopped taking orders on them due to demand. I'm looking to purchase a few.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Which one did you order? The laser guard? Green or red? I'm interested in this, and your thoughts once you get the laser.

I ordered the laser guard with red laser, I also ordered the Bladetech holster for it as well. I should have it this week, but I am unsure when I will get around to sighting it in.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I ordered the laser guard with red laser, I also ordered the Bladetech holster for it as well. I should have it this week, but I am unsure when I will get around to sighting it in.

No worries, just post up your thoughts when you get it/have a chance to shoot it. I'm interested in the Glock 43 with Laser Guard combo. I need to do some reading on green vs red and the tradeoffs. I'd be looking toward a hybrid holster. I currently carry either a 26 or 19 in a Galco King Tuk. I'm guessing I'll have to go Crossbreed to get a hybrid IWB that can accommodate the laser.

I'm particularly interested in whether the laser guard eats up too much space under the trigger guard on such a small pistol.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom