Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks good hpclayto... If/when I get one I may have you hook me up with a holster with loops and a horizontal mag holster! Good work man!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can't wait for Bradis to get one. I want to hold one and see how it feels.

My problem is that I don't have the cash for one, and would have to sell something to get one.
    My other problem is that I go back and forth on if it would be worth getting a G43. I have no problems concealing my Glock 26, and I like the fact it holds 10 rounds, and can hold a Glock 19 magazine as well. BUT, I can see how the G43 would be EASIER to conceal.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Similar boat for me. I may take the opportunity to further shed some of my .40 guns and sell off one of my 23's for this. I'm keeping the 19s and the 26.

I will be getting one as soon as I can find a blue label store with one in stock. That is as long as the feed back and reviews remain positive. I had some issues with my first 42 so I did not rush out and get on any list this time. I hope this waiting period I put myself in doesn't kill me but I am hoping it will pay off if problems start being reported. Even though it does not seem that it is going to happen.

Again similar thought pattern to mine. I'm not in a huge rush, but am interested.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Looks good hpclayto... If/when I get one I may have you hook me up with a holster with loops and a horizontal mag holster! Good work man!

Thanks, I'd be glad to hook you up. I put about 200 rounds through mine today. A mixture of PMC 115 gr FMJ, Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense 115gr hollowpoints. Everything functioned flawlessly and I had no malfunctions. It's a lot snappier than what I'm used to with my XDS9 but thats to be expected from a gun that small, it's not pleasant but it's managable. I wouldn't want to shoot it all day but it's a carry piece, not a range gun. By the end my trigger finger was rubbed raw and bleeding a bit from the serrated trigger. It's never been an issue in any of my other glocks. All in all I'm pleased with it though. Waiting on some extended mags to come out and I'll be good to go.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If it has less felt recoil than a 4" 629 or an AMT Backup .45, then for me it's 'negligible'.

Like the size of the gun, but I have small guns, and small 9mms, and those have higher magazine capacities.

Carry any size gun, even a 8.375" Mdl. 29 for some years, has never been an issue, and I have other small guns, as noted.

Looks like a fine handgun, just can't find that it fills any 'void', and can't really find a valid reason to buy one. Doesn't make much sense to buy a handgun that will basically just 'sit on the shelf'.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just curious, but why would you want to carry a gun that isn't pleasant to shoot all day?

As long as I can hit well with it and I don't develop a flinch, it would not be an issue. I did switch back from .40 to 9mm because I didn't like shooting the .40 especially in subcompacts, so I can kind of see what you are saying, but I'd think the 43 would be a good compromise in certain situations. Of course, I'll have to confirm that when I shoot one. I carried a Ruger SP101 many years ago and I didn't want to shoot that all day with full house .357 magnum Federal 125 grain loads, but it wasn't an issue to carry and shoot regularly.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    By the end my trigger finger was rubbed raw and bleeding a bit from the serrated trigger.

My trigger finger "owie" was on the bottom of the trigger finger; I've shot other Glocks with serrated triggers and not had any issues. I think what's happening in my case with the 43 (and maybe in yours too) is that the skin is getting caught or rubbed between the tip of the trigger and the inside bottom of the trigger guard itself. I expect that opening up or clearancing that area ever so slightly would alleviate the issue.

My :twocents:

Also, other than the trigger finger rubbing issue, I do find the 43 comfortable and enjoyable to shoot. It's all relative, I guess.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    My trigger finger "owie" was on the bottom of the trigger finger; I've shot other Glocks with serrated triggers and not had any issues. I think what's happening in my case with the 43 (and maybe in yours too) is that the skin is getting caught or rubbed between the tip of the trigger and the inside bottom of the trigger guard itself. I expect that opening up or clearancing that area ever so slightly would alleviate the issue.

My :twocents:

Also, other than the trigger finger rubbing issue, I do find the 43 comfortable and enjoyable to shoot. It's all relative, I guess.

Yeah thats what's happening with me. I might do a little dremel work on it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I look forward to holding a G43, I think it's a neat idea. I don't have problems concealing a G19 which I do carry every day, and a G26 is a breeze. I can see the appeal of a thin carry gun, but I don't think it was designed or meant to be shot all day. IMO

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I look forward to holding a G43, I think it's a neat idea. I don't have problems concealing a G19 which I do carry every day, and a G26 is a breeze. I can see the appeal of a thin carry gun, but I don't think it was designed or meant to be shot all day. IMO

I disagree. They made the G42 that size so it can be shot comfortably all day.

And I have read and watched reviews of the Glock 43, and the majority of them were positive, and that it was enjoyable to shoot quite a bit.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I disagree. They made the G42 that size so it can be shot comfortably all day.

And I have read and watched reviews of the Glock 43, and the majority of them were positive, and that it was enjoyable to shoot quite a bit.

My only experience so far with the G43 is the first hand info provided here, and they have relayed the pain with their trigger fingers. I myself wouldn't shoot a G42 all day but I wouldn't buy one with that intent either. To each their own.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What's the cost?

Geez, I hope not! :):

G43_comparo_zpsflswtwef.jpg

From the Internet: G26, G43, G42

G43_26_back_zpsed5ut4ll.jpg

From me: G26, G43

The G43 is slightly shorter in height than the 26, but almost exactly the same length and of course much thinner. The shape of the G43's grip also allows it to sit lower in the hand than the 26, resulting in a gun that feels much smaller than it actually is.

The G43 uses G42 sights, so there are several night sight options already available.

We (Bradis Guns) are taking prepaid-in-full back orders on the first 10 guns we get in; there are still a couple slots open. After that, we will be selling them on a first-come, first-served basis.

HTH!

Top Bottom