• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm on Glock Talk quite a bit, and I think I hear more controversy on this Glock than any other. I've heard people praise it saying that it is the best designed Glock, and other people knock it because it is unreliable and a nightmare to control. I think I would recommend shooting before buying more on this particular gun than any other Glock.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    From what I've read the 36 is one that you either like it or hate it, it seems to have had a lot of problems when it was first introduced.
    I haven't had any problems with mine and would have no problems buying another.
    Some people have a issue with the 36 only being 6+1.
    I don't have one but you might look at the 30 also.
    Members seem like them.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    I've had both the 30 and 36.

The 36 just doesn't seem to fit my hand........

Would pick the 30 over the 36 anytime................in fact I will have another 30 soon , but will never have another 36.

typhoon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    g36

i found one used for a sweet deal, and put it on hold for a couple days, i have been wanting to add a .45 to my glock family

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a 36 that I carry in an ankle holster when the occasion calls for it. I also added a +1 floor plate to the extra mag. I have large hands and the finger grooves in the Gen III Glocks, any of them, don't fit. With the 36 I only have two fingers on the grip unless I use the extende mag. I have no problems shooting it either way and I find it very controllable. I think it shoots rather nicely!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm considering a G36 strictly for carry. I wouldn't worry about shooting it all that often, that's what I have other fun guns for.

For those who have it, does the "slim line" make it much better to carry IWB than the other baby glocks?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm considering a G36 strictly for carry. I wouldn't worry about shooting it all that often, that's what I have other fun guns for.

For those who have it, does the "slim line" make it much better to carry IWB than the other baby glocks?

JMO, not really. But I don't carry IWB that much.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008

I've had a G26 and G23. IMHO, the G36 does carry better. With that said, I now carry my CW9 more than the G36. I guess thin does win.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

G36 - 1.13" thick, 6.77" L, 4.76" H
    G30 - 1.27" thick, 6.77" L, 4.76" H
    G19 - 1.18" thick, 6.85" L, 5.00" H (for size comparison)

FWIW, the G30/36 is much closer in size to the compact line (like the G19/23) than to the subcompact line as represented by the G26/27 (in spite of how Glock lists it on their web site). I don't consider either the G30 or G36 a "baby glock". Check out the specs.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I went ahead with the G19. I have a G34 as well, figured get used to firing one round.

Trigger time in matches will help in self-defense situations.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side

Trust me when I tell you I have firearms strictly for defense, HOWEVER I still practice very often. Both of my firearms are VERY comfortable to shoot. I personally feel you should take every opportunity to practice with what you carry.

Top Bottom