• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I really like my glock 21 but with the warm weather I may as well OC everywhere because anyone can tell I carry, OCing or not.
    So I'm looking into the G36 and buying a supertuck that way its much more concealed.
    Basically I talked to the guy at gander mountain and he kept telling me the G36 had way to much kick to be something you would carry, and that you were very limited on shots.
    Limited on shots isn't a big deal.....just don't miss. I like the 36 because it would take the same ammo as my 21 I already carry.

Does anyone carry the 36.....and does it really have that much kick to it?
    In my opinion my 21 has way less kick than any .40 I've ever shot, and I don't want to carry 9mil.
    I was also curious as to if the G36 can come with a rail mount.... or if you could put a laser on it?
    The guy at gander mountain said they all do but the one they happen to have at that time did not, I've been unable to find one with a mount.

Thanks guys.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Does anyone carry the 36.....and does it really have that much kick to it?

I owned and carried a G36 for a few years; IME, it kicked less than the G27 (subcompact .40) I currently own, and was on par with the G23 (mid-size .40). It's a potent little gun, but by no means uncontrollable or even uncomfortable if you choose the right load (I favored 185-200gr standard velocity HPs for personal protection; 230gr ball for practice).

I was also curious as to if the G36 can come with a rail mount.... or if you could put a laser on it?

G36 has no rail; the dustcover area forward of the triggerguard is just too thin to accommodate one. Your only laser solutions are a Lasermax (internal; replaces the guide rod and slide lock assemblies), or a Crimson Trace Laserguard (clamps around the triggerguard). I'm not real big on lasers in general, but I think the Crimson Trace is the better of the two.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My gf had one, lost in the housefire, but I liked it. It's in my queue for getting. I found it very controllable, but as a caveat, at the time my primary carry weapon was the G29 in 10mm, so my perceptions are not normal regarding recoil and controllability.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had one briefly. The recoil was not too harsh, however, there was something about the grip and my hand that caused some discomfort to the webbing between my thumb and forefinger after 30-40 rounds.

Having said that, I regret getting rid of it and may give one a try again some time.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I owned and carried a G36 for a few years; IME, it kicked less than the G27 (subcompact .40) I currently own, and was on par with the G23 (mid-size .40). It's a potent little gun, but by no means uncontrollable or even uncomfortable if you choose the right load (I favored 185-200gr standard velocity HPs for personal protection; 230gr ball for practice).

+1 on that. Most of the peeps working the gun counter at Gander Mtn are morons.....IMO

The glock 36 is a great little 45.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    I've got one now and I love the gun. Recoil not an issue at all with me. I carry it in a Supertuck when I wear it also. Great combination.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Carry one of these daily, OWB.
    Recoil is a non issue, This lil 45 fits my hands perfectly. VERY accurate little 45
    The holster that i use is a Bulldogleathercompany OWB hand made by Randy Cooley very comfortable and affordable, Randy does excellent work!!

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I don't think that the gun is anywhere near uncontrollable, and thats coming from someone who looks like they could be broken in half by a good breeze. I carry it in a supertuck and it conceals very well. Your concern about magazine capacity can be eased by simply carrying a spare.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I carry one daily also, and as many have stated no problem with recoil, very comfortable in hand.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    :rockwoot:

G36laser007.jpg

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    My daily carry is a G36 in a Desantis IWB "insider". I carry a Sig 220 as a reserve officer and the recoil is the same to me. I have no problem with the recoil in either weapon. Although +P does have a bit more kick but it is manageable. I shot the G36 and qualified with the same score as my Sig. 235 out of 240. We shoot out to 25 yrds. The guy at the gun store has no idea what he was talking about. The G36 has never had a rail. You can't go wrong. It's a Glock and a .45! 6+1 of .45ACP is will never leave you under gunned.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    The recoil form the 36 is not that bad. Mine is accurate for such a small gun. At 6+1 you would be fine. I have not carried mine in a ST, but I am going to order one for it soon.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    I carried this gun for about a year. I liked it. Recoil is manageable, but don't expect a super quick follow-up shot (if you ever needed to). I loved this gun. Its the slimmest glock on the market and if you don't mind square edges, it will suit you fine in the summertime. I sold it because I didn't like paying the price for .45ACP...maybe I'll change my mind again.

That being said, I would consider a revolver. Since you consider yourself a good shot, it's something I would consider. It's just as concealable as a G36 and you'll have the same round count. My :twocents:.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom