• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tackleman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I have a Glock 34 with a LWD threaded barrel and Maverick comp. Having trouble with slide coming back enough to eject spent round and rack the new round. Have tried several loads, including factory loads. Tried 11#, 13#, 15# and 17# recoil springs. Any help would be appreciated.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Had a similar problem with my 34 and a ported LWD barrel. Mine would function most of the time but never stay open on the last shot. Their, (LWD), fix was to shoot at least 124 GR bullets.. A little lighter recoil spring is actually what you need.
    If you are around Indy and think I can be of some help or want to talk to me I would be happy to try to help. I'm not sure you can PM me because of your low post count but if not you can get me directly at gloktr@gmail.com

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    When you use a comp, you need a much lighter spring, especially if you're shooting minor pf ammo, such as factory 9. You'll probably need to go down to 9 or 10 or so, but then you'll have other problems.

Load them hotter. The comp will work better with more gas, and the gun will run without having to go overly light on the recoil spring.

Last edited:

Tackleman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    How hot should I load the rounds? The rounds I shot were loaded with 6.3 grains of Unique, with 124 grain bullet.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I wish I had my reloading manual with me. I can't remember for the life of me what drop of Unique I have with my 124 grain bullets but I'm thinking 5.6 so 6.3, again IF my memory serves properly, seems like a pretty stout round to begin with. I think I might have 6.5 of Unique in my .45 with a 200 grain bullet. Again, I'm going off of pure memory at this point but I think 6.3 might be towards the upper end.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Go over to Brian Enos and go into the 9 reloading section. Lots of information that you may be interested in.

+1

You'll get better information over there on loading and recoil spring combos to make a comp'ed Glock run right.

Top Bottom