• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The G34 is the same size as a 1911 Commander. Both are near perfect in size for just about anything you want it to be. Like I said with my first post on this thread, the G34 isn't a self defense gun, but it could be. In fact, if it wanted to be a combat gun, it would make a hell of a combat gun.

I love my Glocks. I love my Kahrs. I love my Critters. I'm a happy man.

dunningben

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Bremen, IN
    The Glock 34 is an amazing gun. I picked up mine about a year ago with the intention to use it during some three guns, however I've been shooting IDPA matches with is about 9 months now and Ive been doing pretty well taken 2nd twice, 3rd five times and 5th once (bad week). The weapon when loaded is balanced and stays that way. The Glock 17 seems like there isn't enough weight in the front. Also the 34 has enough barrel length that when a weapon light is mounted, Streamlight TLR-1s, it doesn't exceed the length of the barrel.

On the range it is the better choice, on in the home for defense. But unless you're on duty, or want to use a drop leg all day, concealment is going to be an issue.

The + and - on the connector has to deal with the trigger pull weight. With a standard trigger spring, - is 3.5lbs, no mark is 4.5lbs, and + is 5.5lbs. Then it gets crazy once you start talking about NYC spring and I'm not going there. Typically for a carry weapon you want something with a pronounced trigger but anything more than 8lbs is too much but for a range weapon, practice makes perfect and its all about shooters preference.

Top Bottom