Glock 30s or CZ Rami which one would you choose?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcleatherneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Got that itch again and have narrowed it down to these two great guns. I have the full size versions of both the Glock and CZ and like the idea of easily swapping out for higher capacity magazines. I use the CZ primarily for range time as it is too large for everyday carry (SP-01 tactical) but have carried a Glock everyday for the past 9 years. Any opinions on these two guns. Also I would be using one for a back-up gun.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I don't think the RAMI has the same "appeal" or kudo's other CZ offerings have.

I have not owned one - but am not drawn to it either.

I would however still search for a CZ over a Glock, just my preference.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I own a Rami... its the ****! Up next to my XDs, its almost the same size (a bit thicker) and runs 10+1 or 14+1 with the extended magazine. I can run ANYTHING through it.... Its my daily carry and I don't think that will ever change.

If you are a CZ fan... its a no brainer. Good luck getting one....

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Not a CZ fan. I like my 30S, but to be honest, being the owner of a 36 and a 30SF, I feel like maybe I didn't need it. Fired a few mags thru it and was happy, but might sell it.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    12-3_zps73af073f.png

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My vote goes for the Rami. Extremely comfortable in hand, very accurate, and even with a 14 rd extended mag it will hold a very small footprint.

However, if you have been carrying a Glock for 9 years that may be the way to go simply because you are very familiar with a Glock.

Seems like a win win no matter how you go.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you looking to carry the new gun? If so, and you already carry a Glock 21 (sounded like you did), I'd go with the 30s.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've carried a Glock 23 and, lately, a 27, but every since picking up a G30sf and a G30s...I've had a real hankerin' for a G30s!

I don't know much about the CZ's...but I did know a guy who sold his Glocks to buy a set of CZ's! Everything I've read about them seems to be pretty good!

I'd say whatever fits you best!

usmcleatherneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Thanks for all the input. I placed a RAMi on layaway today. But you know what; Im still gonna get that dag-gone Glock come income tax time. That is unless if our Prez doesn't take all my money first. :patriot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I own a RAMI and was going to offer to let you shoot it. I have had some work done to mine so if, when you get yours, you would like to compare to decide on after-market work, let me know. I shoot in the Lafayette area. Enjoy your new RAMI.

Also beware, CZs have a very strong tendency to multiply.

Top Bottom