• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Really? Because the 21 and the 21sf mags used to not be the same. Something about a 21sf fitting in a 21 but not the other way around due to mag release. But i heard current production of mags was different, someone correct me if I'm wrong or heard wrong.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Really? Because the 21 and the 21sf mags used to not be the same. Something about a 21sf fitting in a 21 but not the other way around due to mag release. But i heard current production of mags was different, someone correct me if I'm wrong or heard wrong.

The center cutout for the ambidextrous mag catch is being incorporated into ALL Glock magazines in order to streamline production (the ambi mag catch is evidently quite popular in Europe, but has yet to catch on over here), and has nothing to do with the "SF" (Short Frame) designation.

Magazines with the center cutout will work in guns with the standard mag catch (since these mags retain the side indentations for the standard catch as well), but older magazines without the center cutout will not work in guns equipped with the ambi mag catch.

Last edited:

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In my opinion if you get a SF model you should get the non-ambi mag release version so you can use both the older style mags and new style mags, as oppose to being compatible with only one.

Top Bottom