• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought a Glock 30 .45acp. What are the differences between the different generations? It is very clean, well taken care of. I think t is a keeper.

glock_30_45acp.jpg

I hope to have time to shoot it this weekend.

Last edited:

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Looks like a keeper to me. What you have there is an earlier Gen 3. The reason I say that is, it doesn't have the accessory rail that the later Gen 3 and, Gen 4 pistols wear. But, it does have checkering in the finger grooves. (What some refer to as a Gen 2.5 didn't have checkering in the finger grooves.)

The Gen 4 is fairly new, they have the Rough Textured Frame. As well as, an enlarged reversible mag. catch and, Modular Backstraps.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks for the reply. I am hoping to make it to the range this weekend and put a few round threw it. . I have never shot a Glock.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Looks good! The G30 is my latest Glock and I couldn't be happier with it. Shoots great, looks good and 10+1 of .45 ACP is about as good as you can get! Thanks for the pic; be sure to let us know how she shoots!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am planning on making a trip to Kodiak range tomorrow with my son and a buddy. I will post results! If the weater is as nice as today I might go to the out door range instead! I am eager to see how it feels compared to my 1911's. The glock feels really light compared to a 1911. I am going to enjoy shooting something new. My son has his eye on it. He already has my Sig Sauer P228. Christmas is coming (lucky kid :-)

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Have fun with it! Glocks are a ton of fun and very reliable. This is the same model ill buy next once I find one for a price I wanna pay haha. Will be easier to carry than my 21

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

I made it to the range today. The Glock shoots great. I did some comparison between my 1911 and the Glock. Not a very fair comparison consideringt 1911 is a full size and a bit heavier. I am happy with the Glock. I shoot better groups with the 1911 but I am going to guess it is because I have a lot more practice with it.

I though the recoil might be heaver because of the size (being smaller and polymer) but it is pretty close to the same. Probably because the slide stroke is less. The gun is a keeper and I need to practice with it!.

I put around 70 rounds threw each gun and I had a really good time today. I would gladly carry the Glock if I had to and probably will from time to time. I want to put a few hundred more rounds threw it before I do. Practice makes perfect!

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    uh oh, you got a glock 30! next comes the 21. then you start thinking about starting a glock family. then their friends start coming over to play. it's beautiful, man, just beautiful. enjoy your very excellent purchase!

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have a 3 glocks 1-2gen other two 4gen the 4gen shoot alot better my personal gun is a glock 22 4gen i have no doubt youll like it good luck go glock

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :dunno:
    Been look'n into these things,hahaha......some (a 30 , and a 27....)on here,in classifieds.... I dunno......LOL!...:): .....Jus' can't wrap my head 'round these things.....yet....:dunno: cuzzzz.......I,'far as carry'n.....like somethin' with'a hammer....lil' bit a'fear'd of the trigger actuated safety....but .....
    If/when I do 1 o' these things.....def be a 30,27,or....a 29.....:cool:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have had a Gen 2 G17 in the past, and it functioned flawlessly. I currently have a Gen 4 G26, and it is also a great carry piece. I've got a Gen 3 G21 sitting in a safe in the LGS, and will be picking it up hopefully next week. I own and carry other makes and models, (including a 1911,) but once you've started using a Glock...you just get addicted to that rugged reliability and simplicity.

Good choice. :)

Top Bottom