• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All the girls at my PD carry G27s, off-duty/backup, as well as most other officers. The recoil is snappy, but manageable. I use 22 mags as spares.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    G27 has been my EDC for a few years now and I love it. Great gun and a nice shooter. Everyone is different though so best bet is try to shoot one first to see how you like it. I enjoy shooting mine,but i have also had people hand it back to me after one or two shots at the range and say it was too snappy.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I bought mine a little over a year ago with the preconceived notion that it would be "snappy" (after reading all the horror stories of so many wrists being broken and fingers being lost from the diabolically charged recoil of the round in such a small gun :rolleyes: ...and then the gun KaBooms on you on your first range session). So, yeah, I was prepared ...

Seriously, it's entirely manageable, it stays in your hand, and accurate double-taps are entirely possible (for all you "well I use a different caliber so I can get back on target fast!"). I think one of the biggest things that convinced me was seeing a kid (under the supervision of their father) run a course of fire using a G27 ...and doing quite well at it.

If you like the size of the 27, and you like the .40 caliber round ...how can you go wrong? What's more, if you decide that you don't really like it, the resale is fairly quick and easy. :dunno:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If you like the .40, there's no problem with it. The only complaint is the recoil. Otherwise, I'd recommend the 26 or the 30. I've never liked the inbetween round that is the .40.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well at least it was an accident. A buddy of mine's cousin put a .380 in his 9mm gun and the brass ended up being stuck and couldn't eject. He had to get a tool and poke through the barrel to get it out.

Top Bottom