5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Picked up a Glock 27, and then grabbed a G-23 mag with a mag sleeve***
    I cant ask for more than this 29 ounces, .40 cal full mag,, 13+1

Picked up a Sidearmor IWB, 20-degree cant, on the INGO FS section

glock272.jpg

glock271.jpg

Tomorrow I will post some pics of my Kahr PM with Blade-Tech IWB side by side for comparison

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    What is recoil like, would love to get one, and have contemplated getting one but was wondering if they are a hand full.

I had a Kahr PM40 and sold it,, waaay too snappy for me,, my wife shot the G27 1st time ever at @ 15 feet and could keep the rounds in the size of a plate,,

Side by side with my Kahr PM9 ***which i dearly love, it is only slightly thicker but the same in lengths and height

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What is recoil like, would love to get one, and have contemplated getting one but was wondering if they are a hand full.

.40 is best described as "snappy", but in a situation where you'd need the gun... you wouldn't notice the recoil.

I carry his bigger brother, the G23 and love it.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport

I have 22, 23, and 27. I was surprised how easy it was to shoot the 27. I was expecting it to be much worse than it is. I have just standard mags with no kind of extensions.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Congradulations...on a fine choice for a personal defense pistol! It looks great! I love the subcompact Glocks with an extended mag and the A&G Grip Spacer!

My wife has the same set-up with the G-26 in 9mm...she absolutely LOVES it! It'll cut the center out of any target and it carries 15+1! I'm not a huge fan of the 9mm round, but with CorBon's...it's not too bad!

I had the same set-up with a G-33 in .357sig...which was down-right snappy, but with work, it became very conrollable and accurate. I sold it (mistake #1) and, to date, have not replaced it (mistake #2)! Although, if I did replace it, I would get a .40 barrel and shoot & carry .40 a lot of the time.

Recently, though, I've been contemplating getting a Glock 30 in .45acp in the Short Frame version...it fits in my hand fairly nicely!

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Sounds like you're already impressed with your new G27, so I wont tell you how great a choice it is! :yesway: I'm liking mine a lot! :rockwoot:

Recently, though, I've been contemplating getting a Glock 30 in .45acp in the Short Frame version...it fits in my hand fairly nicely!

Stop your contemplating and just do it! :D Between the 27 and the 30sf, I'm hard-pressed in deciding which I like better. The 27 does carry better (and lighter), but the 30 shoots so nice. So ...get one of each; it works for me! :):

edcsm.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Stop your contemplating and just do it! :D Between the 27 and the 30sf, I'm hard-pressed in deciding which I like better. The 27 does carry better (and lighter), but the 30 shoots so nice. So ...get one of each; it works for me! :):

I have a 27 and a 30 as well (not an SF), and agree completely. The 27 is great for carry, but my 30 is my favorite gun to shoot.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Congratulations!

Great choice! :twocents: This one is my constant companion. I find it comfortable to carry and conceal, very accurate and fun to shoot. Enjoy yours in good health! :)

StreamlightPT-1L009.jpg

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Great choice!! I carry at 27 with night sights with the pinky grove magazine in it and a G 22 mag as a spare. Very comfortable and accurate to shoot. If 25 rounds of .40 doesn't at least improve the situation, I shouldn't still be there anyway LOL.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I carry both the G-23 and or G-27 and the G-23 with stock 13 rd mag mostly now in colder times, but with the weather warming up the G-27 with Glock part #7151 (+) bottom, (only ads 1 .40 rd) for a 10 rd mag capacity gets a lot of carry time. I like to carry the G-23 Mexican slid down the waist behind the belt, or in a jacket pocket nowadays. In the summer the G-27 in a De Santis Apache, or with the standard 9 rd mag in a front jeans pocket. Can't go wrong with that sort of Life Insurance.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I've been seriously contemplating getting a G27 to replace my G26 as my sometimes carry (Still diggin' my Kimber Ultra to much to have it replace it as my main carry). That way I can leave the G26 at home with my wife all the time.

Congrats on your new gun :rockwoot:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Personally did not like my g-27. I love my new Springfield xdm-40. I think there wasn't enough there to hold onto or the barrel was too short but I couldn't put the rounds where I wanted them. Will say that it was nicer to carry if that's all you want it for.:)

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Personally did not like my g-27. I love my new Springfield xdm-40. I think there wasn't enough there to hold onto or the barrel was too short but I couldn't put the rounds where I wanted them. Will say that it was nicer to carry if that's all you want it for.:)
    Must be you :D I can hit steel at 50 yds with mine, and I have hit targets up to 100 yds

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I'm really glad that you guys are happy with your G27's. I honestly tried to like it, giving it more time than I should have. But I never felt completely comfortable with it unless I had the largest extension on the mags. Then the height was equal to my G23. And I shoot the G23 better so I sold the G27.

Top Bottom