• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock 26 or Glock 30 for conealed carry?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    My daily carry is a G30, and I've been extremely pleased with it. It is thick, but a good holster/belt combo makes it comfortable to wear all day.

Depending on where I'm going to be, I often carry one or two G21 mags as my reloads. The only mod I have on it is the extended slide release.

There's just something awesome about 230gr +P JHP.

schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    .45 or 9mm. The age old debate. I have yet to hear of a "bad guy" that continued to attack because he noticed that the victim's weapon was "just a 9". Getting shot is getting shot regardless of the caliber of the slug. Most "bad guys" turn into Carl Lewis when the report is directed their way. For the ones that have modified their cranial chemistry you can assist them by creating a drain port in their skull for the poison to flow out. Just one man's opinion.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I can't speak exactly to the 26 vs the 30 but close. I had a 30 and it was one of the most accurate pieces I've ever had. It would cut a large jagged hole in paper at 7 yards. My current 27 (.40 cal) isn't as accurate as the 30. However the 30 was a little bulky to carry. I currently carry a 23 (.40 cal) on my ankle and it hides beautifully. It has all the power I need and is plenty accurate.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Shaking my head at the thought of a G23 carried on a ankle...
    In amazement, I'm sure!

I dress for it. I've worn high work boots for a couple years and the ankle holster rides down on top of it and I don't even feel it. I have boot cut jeans that are nice and loose and hiding it is no problem. It might even be a tactical advantage in case a thug is trying to make potential threats before he pulls some s***.

Top Bottom