• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I currently have a Glock 22 and I'm looking for another Glock to add to the collection. I want one that is either to conceal but I don't know if I should go with another .40 or a 9mm. What do you think...Glock 26 or 27

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    In my opinion I tend to go with the additional capacity and less recoil in a smaller packaged gun like a sub compact. I feel I can get faster followup shots and can carry more in the one magazine that I have in the gun when I am out and about.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    In my opinion I tend to go with the additional capacity and less recoil in a smaller packaged gun like a sub compact. I feel I can get faster followup shots and can carry more in the one magazine that I have in the gun when I am out and about.
    To expand on this, if you get the glock factory 10 round mags for the 27, you have the same capacity as the 26, and with the fingertip extension which is very helpful with the sub compacts. Its all personal preference to you, I like the .40 and plan on sticking with it. The recoil in the 27 to me isnt to bad and if you train with it, you shouldnt have an issue making a follow up shot

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I love the feel of my glock 22 and that is whats making me want to stay with the .40. I guess I will have to just check both out and get a feel for what I like.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Reference to having a .40 cal. I thought I might add this to the discussion and something that I forgot all together. Logistics are very important. If you primarily carry 40 cal and shoot 40 cal I would stick with that caliber for if nothing else the reason of your used to it and you already have rounds for it. I like 9mm because its available, soft shooting and inexpensive plus I have to carry 9mm for work so I buy 9mm guns because I only need to supply one caliber for all my defensive pistols. The only other caliber I have is .357/38 special.

Grip and 2 round extensions are your friend with both caliber sub compacts as mentioned above.

Oh, and the larger capacity mags of the glock 22 will seat and can be used in your 27 in a pinch as well adding to logistics.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Since you already have a G22 I say go for the 27 so you can share mags and stock up on one caliber. I have a G23 and G27 and love them both. Looking to get a G22 myself soon to complete the family.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since you already have a G22 I say go for the 27 so you can share mags and stock up on one caliber. I have a G23 and G27 and love them both. Looking to get a G22 myself soon to complete the family.

+1 to this. I also have a G23 and just got a G27 yesterday. I also plan to add the G22 at some point. The mag sharing is definitely helpful as previously mentioned.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Ammo & magazine compatibility vs felt recoil.

If you don't like the recoil of the 22, then get the 26 in 9mm. You'll probably shoot better if you like the pistol you're shooting.

Ideally, shoot both the 26 and 27 before deciding.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I currently have a Glock 22 and I'm looking for another Glock to add to the collection. I want one that is either to conceal but I don't know if I should go with another .40 or a 9mm. What do you think...Glock 26 or 27

Either way, strongly suggest magazine extensions--either on factory Glock magazines or from Pearce. The Pearce PG-39 adds one (.40) or two (9mm) rounds, but, more importantly, they give a place for the pinky finger!

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I feel the 40 cal is a better carry round. Now this is just my opinion, then you also would have the advantage of only having to stock one caliber of ammo for now. Then in the future you feel the need for a less expensive ammo to practise with then you can get the 9mm.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yeah, like a few others have said, stick with .40 since you've got it. Most of my friends in LE that carry Glock 22's have 27's as a back up. If their primary goes down, they can easily transition and use the same ammo.

I have a Glock 19 and I'm thinking about picking up a 26. I'm just waiting to get a chance to shoot one first.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I always get the .40, because with little effort you can also shoot 9mm. 2 for 1 is always good.

Plus, as others pointed out, you can share mags.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Glock 26 or Glock 27?

There is a clear, correct choice here between the two. One stands out above the other as the better option and I have THE answer for you. The one that is better all-around for carry and effectiveness that will serve you and your needs the best.

The one you need to get, without a doubt, is the Glock 2...

sorry, phone call...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom