• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    I am going to take the Glock plunge this week. The wife is going to buy my choice of handgun for my birthday. I was kind of set on a xd .40 but after shooting the last couple weekends with friends and every one of them owning different models of Glock I had the chance to shoot several calibers and models. I have decided that I love the feel of the G23. I would like to make this my everyday carry and would like some input from you all on holsters. Both IWB and OWB. Also, I found out about the blue label program and being since Im a firefighter I qualify. Are there any bluelabel dealers that are INGO supporters?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I know Elmore's in Greenwood is on the program. I got one there last year through GSSF.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Are you planning on a light for the rail?

If not, my favorite OWB holsters are Rocketman holsters. IWB, I prefer the leather/kydex blends and there's a ton of them in all different price ranges..

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Congratulations. You to have successfully sipped the :koolaid:. Our diabolical plan has succeeded :shady: :D

On a serious note, you will not be disappointed. I carry a G19 and have had nary a problem. Also own a G20, which I've been practicing with and at some point will be alternated with my 19.

As far as holster go, start with a GOOD belt. The most expensive holster in the world will be worthless if you keep having to pull up your pants.
    Stay with proven designs. I currently use a Galco belt slide for my G19; also have a Crossbreed Supertuck for it for those times CC would be prudent-don't get caught in these INGO debates; use the method of carry that works best for you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Galco King Tuk IWB works for me. I regularly carry either a Glock 23 or 27, and the holster like most Hybrid (Leather/Kydex) Glock holsters will accommodate all the Glocks in that size range (i.e. Glock 19/23/26/27, etc).

As far as OWB, I've got my eye on ordering a Raven Phantom when a few extra bucks come around.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    When you say that you want to have it as your EDC, that means that it should be the gun that is on you 99.9% whenever you leave the house. That means it goes with you when legal all the time. That means it has to be comfortable. Comfortable means that there are many holsters for it (which the Glock has millions of). Are you going to open carry or conceal during summer and winter? For me I open carry in the summer usually and conceal in the winter. You have to think about that. After you think about that, I advise you to ask yourself the most important question of them all: Are you going to have a WML on it? There are many arguments for the WML and many against it. I am very pro WML because when you go out in the dark and shoot against the guys who have a handheld light or no light at all, you simply dominate them. As Dan Slygh of the Madison Police department told me, "When I'm inside a house and I'm all alone in the dark, I'm going to have my gun out. So what happens when I find you and have to put handcuffs on you? Either I put my flashlight away and can't see you while I cuff you or I put my gun away which is a bad idea. The WML fixes this problem and that's why I carry one." So when you are at home at night do you think you'd want to put a TLR-1 or TLR-3 on it for your home defense and take it off for CC? When you wake up in the middle of the night to a sound do you really think you can carry your gun, flashlight and phone? What if you forget one? The light mounted to your gun not only allows you to shoot in the dark naturally as in the day time, it makes things simple.

If you do not think you want a WML, I would strongly urge you to consider the Glock 27. It is smaller, shoots about the same, and is my .40 S&W service type pistol of choice to CC. It shoots fantastic and is much easier and comfortable to carry.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    There are IWB holsters for handguns with lights on them as well - not quite as easy to find and typically needing a lot more space to accomplish the goal, they're still out there - a member from Blackford County made one for me, if I could remember his name..

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    G23 is a easy gun to conceal if that's what you're going for. I personally use a cross breed and have no problem with my pants falling down, a belt tends to prevent that.

As far as blue label pricing, check out Steven R. Jenkins Company. They are apart of the program and have a wide selection.

hope this helps

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    There was a member couple yeras back that sold amongst other things, Glocks and Glock mags reasonably in the classifieds. Have not heard from him or seen any more ads of his in a long time, anyway I bought my G-23 2nd gen from him for $360 (Used/LEO trade) well worn, and I couldn't be happier with it. Great choice.:ingo::patriot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have a 22, 23 and 27 (among other "things") and I love the feel of all of them. Honestly I don't carry the 22 and at one time considered it my in the house SD piece. On another thread someone was trembling at the recoil of the 22. I don't know what his problem was/is but even my 27 has a nice smack that is no problem. The 23 feels even lighter upon shooting and the trigger almost feels like a 1911 style. When shooting off the bags for accuracy the trigger break almost always surprises me.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If your heart is set on .40 S&W, you will love the G23 but what makes .40 for attractive to you than the .45? Certainly can't be the cost of ammo. Just curious.
    The .40 cal Glocks are thinner than the G21 or 30 which makes them a little easier to conceal. If you are going to OC then no problem with the .45s. BUT, I guarantee there will be a time when you will want to deep conceal when "concealed means concealed."

Top Bottom