• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Hendricks Co.
    I'm trying to decide between a glock 22 or 35. I will be using it for 3 gun and/or home defence and plinking. Thoughts, suggestions...

Thanks!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to INGO! It's a toss-up, but I would say go with the 35, but that's only because I've had the 22 and looking to get the 35.

slimgoodman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    The Glock 22 is great for carry, home defense and competition. The gun I usually choose for training classes I take is my Glock 22 (which is also my night stand gun)--the Glock 35 basically is a competition and tactical carry weapon and therefore has limited uses--I sold my Glock 35 (a great gun) because the Glock 22 had more uses for me.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Echoing most of the other folks:
    The G35 (and G34) are competition/target guns; while the G22 is a full-size carry/protection gun. The G35 has "target" sights and a lighter trigger than the G22. The choice depends on your reaons for having the gun.

For concealed carry, consider the G23 or G27--assuming you want to stay with .40 cal.

The ultimate solution is to have them all. :D
    The next in my progression is a Gen 4 G23.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I'm trying to decide between a glock 22 or 35. I will be using it for 3 gun and/or home defence and plinking. Thoughts, suggestions...

Thanks!
    35 is the best choice for the reasons that you describe. Just put a fiber front sight on and your ready to go. Just make sure to use a little lock tite.:D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    For the extra barrel length and other parts that can be swapped out easily on the G22, the G35 offers little in my mind. Factory 3.5lbs connectors and target sights can be done to the G22 and for less cost than the G35 stock. Save the extra money for mags/ammo/fun parts/6 pack celebrations. The factory "target adjustable sights" on the Glock, for lack of a better term, suck. Some nice Heinies or Tru Glows, good to go!

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle

Thanks!

I would go with the 35 if you are using it for 3 gun. 35 is not much for carry, but excellent for gun games.

I have a gen 4 35 that has been 100% for 3 local matches.

Top Bottom