• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have recently decided that I am getting a Glock 19 (can't pass on the deal for a good gun), but due to work restrictions I can only carry TO work and must leave it in the truck. I'm looking for a holster that is easy for me to just hop in the truck, take it out of the safe, and throw it on my hip. I'm open to OWB and IWB, but would prefer an OWB leather holster. One thing that I do want it to have is a closed bottom instead of the open bottom holsters. Thanks in advance for the input.

Last edited:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    if you are ok with owb just for back and forth to work, then i would just get a blackhawk serpa. it is easy to put on but a little harder to get off (the hook inside the pants can be a pain to unhook with your belt tight). They are only about $35. Then spend some money on your extended carry leather holster. Otherwise, you will be spending a lot of time threading and unthreading your belt form your leather holster.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If your daily routine has your holster on and off all day, I'd recommend a paddle holster-- this will allow you to easily remove the entire unit (holster and gun) together to be stored.

Something like this:

gal-ple.jpg

CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters P.L.E. Professional Law Enforcement Holster (Black) Part Numbers

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If your daily routine has your holster on and off all day, I'd recommend a paddle holster-- this will allow you to easily remove the entire unit (holster and gun) together to be stored.

Something like this:

gal-ple.jpg

CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters P.L.E. Professional Law Enforcement Holster (Black) Part Numbers

:rockwoot:That's almost exactly what I was looking for. It's not really on and off all day though, it's more of off until 1530 and then on until I decide to take it off. I had no idea they made leather paddle holsters. Thanks for all the help you guys.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    :rockwoot:That's almost exactly what I was looking for. It's not really on and off all day though, it's more of off until 1530 and then on until I decide to take it off. I had no idea they made leather paddle holsters. Thanks for all the help you guys.

Just think through your routine before buying anything. Especially if you'll have to be removing your holster while seated in a car-- this can get tricky with a belt holster that requires you to thread your belt through the loops.

Here's another style that could work:

gal-sss.jpg

CopsPlus.com: Galco Holsters SSS Side Snap Scabbard

Top Bottom