• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwmonyhan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a Glock 19 Gen 3 and I looked at a few holsters and couldn't really find anything that worked for me. Does anyone know of a holster that is good for concealment for a pretty slim person?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just bought a Glock 19 Gen 3 and I looked at a few holsters and couldn't really find anything that worked for me. Does anyone know of a holster that is good for concealment for a pretty slim person?

Galco King Tuk IWB, or similar hybrid holster. Do you wear short/tight fitting shirts? Somewhat loose/longer shirt makes hiding an IWB a non issue, even with a pair of shorts.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Depends somewhat on your clothing and environment. If you prefer OWB, then a pancake holster and a good gunbelt are what you need. Finding a local maker who can form the holster curve to match your waistline will go a long way in making OWB concealable and comfortable. If you're considering IWB, a hybrid will probably be the most comfortable, but an all-plastic holster won't be as bulky. I carry AIWB, and if you don't already have lots of training and practice invested in strongside carry, I would strongly recommend that you look into Appendix holsters. Us thin guys can usually carry comfortably there, where other, more gifted, bodytypes may struggle.

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    My G19 is my EDC. I have it a black Raven Concealment Phantom. All my pistols have raven phantoms. IMO they make the best kydex holster out there. Get your self a pair of soft loops and you can use the same holster for OWB & IWB.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    AMHenry's answer is pretty much what I would say too. We seem to think alike when it comes to holsters :)

But seriously. If you are going to carry IWB you will probably find that with "normal" sized clothes, you will print if you carry at three o'clock. I found that if I move the gun forward on my hip (usually until the trigger guard is just in front of my pelvic bone at my belt line) the gun hides it's self in the natural divot there.

Depending on how I am dressing I use one of a few holsters. I have a Raven Concealment Systems VG2 that I use if I am carrying my G27 or if I need to be able to tuck my shirt in. The rest of the time I am carrying my chopped G22 in a Henry Holsters AIWB holster. The "kick" and offset belt loops help pull the grip in to your body and conceal it well.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Remora. I haven't used these other holsters, but that's because my remora works so well. 5'11" 165

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    IWB - crossbreed super tuck. OWB - Galco concealment. A good belt, beltman.net. with the kydex insert, you're good to go.

jwmonyhan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you to everyone. A lot of good options on where to start looking. I also have been looking at the belly band. Anyone have and reviews/opinions on it?

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    CrossBreed supertuck is all you need. I'm a skinny guy and I conceal a fullsized G22 comfortably without wearing baggy clothes. Once you the try it you search for a holster will be over.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I agree with Mr. Neal, The Crossbreed supertuck works for me I am a skinny guy and carry my glock 26 everyday in comfort. Crossbreed is the best holster I have ever tried and I have tried a bunch.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Us thin guys can usually carry comfortably there, where other, more gifted, body types may struggle.

Well said... I'm one with a "more gifted" (read - chubby) body type and had to get rid of my Raven Vanguard 2, since it wasn't a good fit for my AIWB plans. A thin guy picked it up from me and loves it. Something to keep in mind.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    same here (5'9, 145) and I can conceal a G23 at 8 o'clock (yes, a lefty) pretty well in a supertuck. I'll wear a loose shirt, or a tight Tee with an unbuttoned casual shirt over it to hide it. Hell, with the latter I can pretty effectively conceal my G23 in a Blackhawk Serpa.

Sometimes you need to adjust your clothing to properly conceal. For instance I was wearing khakis and a form fitting polo when I came home from work and the family wanted to go out for dinner. I swapped for an untucked loose fitting patterned polo and although I print a little, unless you are paying attention you wont notice it. I dont mind a little printing personally.

The only beef I have is the lead time for a supertuck is INSANE. 12 weeks to get mine. I dont recall the manufacturer, but there is one that claims a 1 week lead time for an equivalent hybrid IWB stock model.

Top Bottom