• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I recently bought a brand new glock g19 gen 4. (around march 2012).. only shot 85 rounds through it.. took it home and cleaned it and put it back togeather.. The other day i was gonna oil it a little and go to the range, but couldnt get the slide off. was just wondering if their was anyone on the northwest side of indy that could lend me a hand and help? thank you for taking time to read this.. PS: i can dry fire the gun but the slide just wont come off..

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    You have about 4915 rounds before you need to clean it again.

If you haven't taken it off by this evening, call me and I'll meet up with you tonight and take a look. 317-455-5235.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Did you pull the trigger first (making sure it's unloaded, of course)? I've seen folks new to Glocks forget this step.

Just a thought.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have several Glocks and it seems that at least one requires me to pull the trigger back again after I've initially done that with the slide back to take the tension off. The rest of them just slide right off.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have several Glocks and it seems that at least one requires me to pull the trigger back again after I've initially done that with the slide back to take the tension off. The rest of them just slide right off.

I use the one handed, fingers on top of slide and thumb around the top back of the grip, slide pull back. I've never had an issue with any other the 60 or so different Glocks I've field stripped by only pulling it back enough to make the slide release fall down.

It is really easy to pull it a little to far and get the trigger caught up though. I wonder if this changes with trigger weights or mods.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I recently bought a brand new glock g19 gen 4. (around march 2012).. only shot 85 rounds through it.. took it home and cleaned it and put it back togeather.. The other day i was gonna oil it a little and go to the range, but couldnt get the slide off. was just wondering if their was anyone on the northwest side of indy that could lend me a hand and help? thank you for taking time to read this.. PS: i can dry fire the gun but the slide just wont come off..

Is the problem solved? If so, please tell us what it was.

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    not yet.. Meeting up with a member sat. to look at it. Would meet sooner but since work, Sat. looks like the best time for both of us.. Hopefully he can fix it..

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    If you were closer I'd be happy to take care of it for you AND show you a great trigger mod also.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

todd river

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Gen 3 FTW! Gen 4 sucks!
    I don't have the experience that a lot of folks on this board have,
    but one thing that I have learned is, when a new gun is released its
    probably a good idea to wait & let all the bugs get worked out.

When I purchased my g19 they had just come out with the gen 4's,
    but I went with the gen3. I can say that I have not read near as many
    negative posts regarding the gen 4's.

Jwhite I hope you are able to resolve the issue on Saturday.

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    plus one to 85t5mcss really good guy.. not only was he able to get the slide off.. but found out why it was messed up.. It was the take down spring i think is what it is called... kinda felt bad bothering him at work though.. gotta find a place to order the spring.. looked but so far cant find anything..

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    plus one to 85t5mcss really good guy.. not only was he able to get the slide off.. but found out why it was messed up.. It was the take down spring i think is what it is called... kinda felt bad bothering him at work though.. gotta find a place to order the spring.. looked but so far cant find anything..

Give Bradis a call. They may have one.

Top Bottom