• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    So I'm looking at getting my first 9mm, and was wondering if anyone has experience shooting Gen 3 vs. Gen 4 Glock 9mms? I've read about the brass back in the face with some of the early Gen 4s and want to make sure they've resolved the issue before I would dive in. Also, I believe the grip is different between the two; any pros/cons to the change?

I know there's some Glock lovers on here...:rockwoot: so would love your insights. Thanks!

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I really prefer gen4 glocks because of the grip. I had an early gen4 g19 and it did have brass to the face problems a little bit. I've heard that if you can find a fresh one, like December or newer test fire date that some the the extracter and ejector parts have been updated. Although I can't confirm that statement it is what some are saying on Glocktalk.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The gen3 vs gen4 is going to be more of personal preference, I sold all my gen3 and and got all gen4's, There has been some feedback about erratic ejection and that is about the only remotely thing that I would be concern about the gen4 Glocks. I like the gen4 more because of the frame texture and the magazine release button and that alone makes a difference to me.

dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Good question , as soon as I sell my gen3 glock 23 i was gonna replace it with a gen 4 23 . But now im thinking of going back to a 9mm so might go with the g19. I was also wanting to get feedback from the owners that have owned both gen 3&4.

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I have had both and for the compact models,I like the gen3 better. I just like the way the grip feels better. When it comes to the subcompacts though, I'll take a gen 4.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have gen 3 but the gen 4 grips are a little thinner.But I have also heard that carrying a gen 4 the grips can dig into your skin,or are less comfortable.

jrlj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    G19

Have both, no reason not to go gen 4, bigger mag release and make the grip big or small, win-win

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Have both, no reason not to go gen 4, bigger mag release and make the grip big or small, win-win

He's right... BUT for me (a lefty) it does make a difference... I love being able to switch the mag release. Besides that, get a new production gen4 and there should be no issues.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I do notice a difference with the double recoil spring in my G21s and I do like the gen4 grip better than the gen3 but my favorite grip is the RTF2. Thats what my 19 has and I absolutely love it. If I could switch all my glocks to RTF2 I would.

DMND1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    HELL'S HIGHWAY
    I had a gen 3 19 and bought a gen 4 19 didn't like the brass in the face or the way it felt shooting it so i sold my gen 4 and bought another gen 3 19 i now have a pair of gen 3 19's and love them both . would never go back to a gen 4 .:patriot:

TheGlockinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I have a Gen3 19. The main differences with the Gen4 are the grip (including the mbs) and the recoil spring, and the price. As it is a 9mm, the recoil spring doesn't make much of a difference, and I have shot both Gen's since the Gen4 came out. I would say go with the Gen3. It's more cost-efficient, and basically handles the same way as a Gen4.

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Thanks for the great info everyone. I started looking for a gen 4 last week and ran across this tread. I thought about getting a gen 4 then sending it to Glockworx to have it re-contoured and textured....sounds like that would be defeating the new features of the gen 4's.

Top Bottom