• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmyG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2014
    south Bend
    I'm thinking of possibly trading my G19 for a Mp9c. Thought maybe you guys could give me some insight on what you think is better in your preference. I like my glock but the MP keeps grabbing my attention. With limited funds I was thinking of finding a trade. Feel free to correct me if this is a bad idea. Thanks

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Keep the Glock. G19 is a bread and butter sort of pistol. Nothing wrong with the M&Pc but it really isn't an upgrade or worse.

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    I'm a bigger fan of the M&P series, mainly because I shoot an M&P significantly better than a Glock and while it's not too difficult to conceal a G19 I find it much easier to hide my M&P 9c.

Shoot them both and go with the one you shoot better.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am a huge M&P fan and use the M&P 9c more than my full size. However with that said the 19 is about ideal for concealed carry but big enough to fill as a full size. Basically the Glock 19 is like Goldylocks porage.... Just right.

I would keep the 19. No more than M&P's are save a little up and get one down the road if you really want one. They are great guns.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I shot both and chose the M&P only because it fit my hand perfectly. I am admittedly a novice, but I don't think one is superior to the other for me it came down to ergonomics because IMHO ergonomics=accuracy. The M&P simply melted into my hand the Glock proven beyond doubt, never felt comfortable.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Yeah, the G19 is the do it all pistol. Keep it
    If you want a M&P9, just wait for a good sale.
    CDNN has them for $399.. oops, out of stock right now, but they have 40c for $389 and full size 9mm for $389
    CDNN SPORTS - SW MP 9MM COMPACT

Watch for deals on police trades too.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It seems to me the 19 is sort of between the M&P full size and M&P 9c compact when I compare the and the Glock 17 is slightly (slightly) bigger than the M&P full size.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I tried to switch. I bought an M&P 9c, holster, and extra mags a while back. I could not make the transition to the different trigger. I had a RAM kit installed and the reset was still not quite there for me. I sold the M&P.

If you are not overly invested in the Glock platform from a gear and training aspect, the M&P is a great platform.
    However, just think about it before you trade out of the Glock to get one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think the M&P is getting redesigned in 2016

Not to derail the thread, but I'd like to know where you heard this. If S&W comes out with a 9mm M&P the same size as a G19, I'm in!

Between the G19 and the M&P 9c, I'd say to pick the one that feels best in your hand, as long as you like the trigger. Glocks have never pointed naturally for me, and the grip feel is less than optimal. Personally, I don't care for a 2 finger grip on a firearm, so I carry an M&P Shield 9 with the 8 round mag. I know you could carry the M&P 9c with the pinky extension mag, but that's still not really a full grip. S&W needs to pull their heads out of their rear and compete directly with the G19.

jimmyG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2014
    south Bend
    Thanks for all the advice and opinions I think I will hang on to my 19 seeing how I shoot it well and I am very comfortable with it. I just needed some opinions and you guys are great and knowledgeable that's why I turned to you my fellow Hoosiers. Thanks

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Not to derail the thread, but I'd like to know where you heard this. If S&W comes out with a 9mm M&P the same size as a G19, I'm in!

Between the G19 and the M&P 9c, I'd say to pick the one that feels best in your hand, as long as you like the trigger. Glocks have never pointed naturally for me, and the grip feel is less than optimal. Personally, I don't care for a 2 finger grip on a firearm, so I carry an M&P Shield 9 with the 8 round mag. I know you could carry the M&P 9c with the pinky extension mag, but that's still not really a full grip. S&W needs to pull their heads out of their rear and compete directly with the G19.

Take the M&P 9C, use a M&P full size mag (17 rnds) and buy a $10 spacer/filler from X-Grips. Now you have the best of both worlds- the 9C with the full size mag will feel like the full size M&P.

View attachment 43505

Pappy

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    If S&W comes out with a 9mm M&P the same size as a G19, I'm in! Glocks have never pointed naturally for me, and the grip feel is less than optimal. Personally, I don't care for a 2 finger grip on a firearm, so I carry an M&P Shield 9 with the 8 round mag. S&W needs to pull their heads out of their rear and compete directly with the G19.
    This^
    However, a 17rd full size mag with an X-Grip extension sleeve (which is a slide on like a Shield 8rd has) makes it really close to G19 status. S&W makes a TALO edition like this, which I went and compared today @ Bradis. It has a more slender grip than the G19, which is good for me because it's easier to control, but slightly longer so you get your WHOLE palm on it and not just 3/4 of it like a G19 or 9c with a pinky extension base pad.

You can heat and reshape the G19 grip to make it more ergonomic.

I wound up with a VP9 because I got a good deal on it.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Take the M&P 9C, use a M&P full size mag (17 rnds) and buy a $10 spacer/filler from X-Grips. Now you have the best of both worlds- the 9C with the full size mag will feel like the full size M&P.

View attachment 43505

Pappy

Nah. I'm talking about a perfectly sized M&P 9. One that is exactly 5" tall with a 4" barrel. Basically, the M&P 45 compact, but in 9mm or 40 caliber. An M&P 9c with a spacer and a full size mag is basically like carrying the full size gun. The hardest part to conceal is the grip.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom