• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardKnox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Vincennes
    Will have to try and get over, thanks for the offer. Figure I'll keep the SCCY since it's not worth much to have a gun for a buddy to use at the range with me

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Hardknox, guns are personal preference items. What works for me may not for you., like holsters.
    Best thing to do is find a place that will allow you to rent both. Shoot them, fondle them and do a field strip. Choose the one that you shoot best.

Also, if you are not familiar with 1911's, I highly recommend taking a look at the Modern Service Weapons blog. Theres a wealth of info on all 3 of your preferences. I also give high recommendations to Colt Series 70 or rail gun , SA TRP and S&W E-series.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I really tried to like Glocks and considered getting a Glock 17 because of the hype they get. But in the end the M&P just feels and looks much nicer to me. I also had a Shield already and love it, so in considering a FS gun, the M&P9 was a logical choice for me. I recently handled my dad's Glock 22 again and I just can't make myself like the grip feel and grip angle. To each his own.

Moorephine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Bloomington
    Keep in mind that the block currently has a bigger aftermarket, I don't know if you care, but that was a big factor in my decision between Glock, XD, and M&P

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Do you own an Apple iPhone or an Android/Windows phone?

I've noticed a similarity between owners of Glocks and Apple products...

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

LOL!

Dragnut06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    South Bend
    I have both, haven't shot them a whole lot but both are great guns. I find myself liking the M&P a lot better. I like the ergonomics better on the M&P and having the replaceable back strap to further more fit your hand is another great factor. Needless to say my M&P is my main EDC

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, since you are looking for a range gun, I'd go with a 1911 (my 1911 is an ATI Thunderbolt and it is fantastic). I have all 3 currently, an M&P 9, a Glock 17, and a 1911, and I have owned 2 other Glocks (a 22C and a 23) and 4 other 1911s (a LLama, a Star 9mm, a Springfield GI, and an ATI GFX 45K), so I've shot the platforms quite a bit. The 1911 is just a lot of fun on the range. I'm not sure I'd carry one, as I prefer a much smaller pistol for carry (I have a Kahr PM9 for a daily carry), but they are very nice range guns.

If you do decide to get a 1911, if you want my advice, don't just get the cheapest model you can find. While it will be solid, a bone stock GI type 1911 isn't anywhere near the fun as some of the more featureful models (like extended beaver tail, flared ejection port, beveled mag well, extended and ambidextrous safety, etc). You don't need to spend a fortune, as Rock Island and ATI make models that are only a few hunderd more than the base models (so $600 or so instead of $399) as well as the Taurus PT1911s that can be found used in the $500 range and new for around $600.

Between the Glock and the M&P, I'd probably got with the M&P, but in all fairness, I've never been much of a Glock fan. I only recently got my M&P, but I like it better than my Glock 17. On the other hand, if I were to just have one pistol, I'd probably choose my Beretta 92 over both those.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom