• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have my yearly bonus coming in a couple weeks:rockwoot:and Im done procrastinating, Im getting my (and my wife's)LTCH and a new piece to carry. I have handled these 3 in LGS and Im leaning toward the XDm (not because this stupid add keeps flashing above the thread either) It just seems to fit my hand best. I have actually shot a Glock 17 and an XDm, but there is something about the Sig that keeps me looking at it. Im stuck on 9mm because I have a 9mm Ruger and C9 and have the ammo in surplus, and it is a very manageable round as far as recoil, target reaquisition, and the weight it adds to the weapon. Im sure some of you have fired all three, and I would like your opinions.:popcorn:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I've owned 2 of the 3 and shot all 3. You cannot go wrong with any. Just pick which one you like the best, I would recommend running some rounds through them before deciding though. Holding a gun in the store is nothing like running rounds through one at a range.
    Good luck and enjoy.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Have owned all 3, although not the "m" version. Personally, like the Springfield the best - comfortable, and I'm accurate with it. Glock has the possible advantages of parts availability. Like the Sig too. The "m" version of the XD adds some $$. Bottom line - get the one that feels best.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    U can't go wrong with any of the three. I chose Glock because it reigns supreme with options, holsters, and aftermarket parts.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I am NOT that familiar with Sigs. Like the look and feel, never shot one.

We have a Glock 19 and have always found it reliable and accurate.

Got to shoot an XD a few weeks ago. LOVED the feel, especially compared to the 19. It was so much more balanced and felt better in the hand, both Wife and I thought so. We especially liked the two safeties!

That stated, neither of us found it as easy to point down range and strike the target as easily as the Glock 19.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I can count five 9mm Sig models off the top of my head before we even start talking polymer frame models. I reread the OP three times and it may be my reading comprehension but which model of Sig?

If you were talking some of the iconic models, then I would say no comparison - go with the Sig. If you are talking one of the newer polymer, then I would say it depends on the model. Which Sig? (I've never paid more than $25 for Sig mags for my 226 or 228.)

PS - My bedside gun is a Glock 17 and, while I dislike standard XDs, I like the XDm's a lot.

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Take a look at the Glock 19 and maybe even the 26; I have love and am carrying a G17 right now, but it can be difficult to conceal on warmer days; depending upon which Ruger you have that can be a big deal down the road, I've got a G27 for summer carry. Honestly all are good packages, get what you shoot the best or is most comfortable to you.

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Own and carry a Glock 19 (Gen 4) -I'm left handed and wanted to switch the mag. release. I've owned and shot M&P (not on your list) but have settled on the Glock. It just fits me better. I really liked the XD but for some reason I shot the Glock better.

Like most you can't really go wrong with any of the them. Get the one that fits you best.

Good luck!!

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I own all three.

I like all three.

But a Sig is a notch above the others in my opinion.

Here's my Sig P226 Swiss Police Trade in in 9mm.

SigSauerP2262.jpg

I bought it for $375 - it was in rough shape.

I sent the slide to CCR for a $79 refinish, added Hogue Aluminum grips.

It is a tack driver.

Very good shooting gun.

:cool:

Kegger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Howdy, did you buy the XDm? I'm thinking about buying one and just wanted to know how it turned out for you. Thanks

Top Bottom