• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    I am thinking of purchasing a new gun to get started in IDPA,USPSA, Steel, etc . Which has the most versatility among classes. Glock 17 or 34?

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Glock

I shoot a G17 in IDPA and I also carry it ,but I just got a G34 and IMHO it is to big to carry but I think it will be great for competition shooting.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The 34 is THE standard in 9mm when it comes to Glock in comeptition, outside the building an Open gun with comp, laser dot, etc on a G17.

Now if you want versatile among classes, you can go the route I did and get a 35 in .40. I reload so I can build rounds for minor power factor in Production that are softer than a 9mm factory load with a much heavier, but can also shoot major power factor in Limited.

If you're ever at MCF&G, I can let you check it out and fire some of my major and minor loads.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If it is for games only, G34 - sight radius rules. If you might carry it, G17. You'll give up very little with a G17, if you give up anything. What it really comes down to is how much time you'll invest in practice.

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    Thanks for the advise, I already have a G19 that will handle carry needs. It looks like a G34 or 35 is the way to go for games and range. Hickman, I may have to take you up on the offer. I have been thinking about checking out Friday night steel.

Thanks all

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Thanks for the advise, I already have a G19 that will handle carry needs. It looks like a G34 or 35 is the way to go for games and range. Hickman, I may have to take you up on the offer. I have been thinking about checking out Friday night steel.

Thanks all

If you do show up for friday night steel I will probably shoot with Hickman and your welcome to try my G34 as well.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    If you do show up for friday night steel I will probably shoot with Hickman and your welcome to try my G34 as well.

You don't really want to do that, I've seen it shoot he needs to send it back to Glock, it's got a bent barrel.

If you do make it to FNS you can join us glockers in the squad with Hickman. I'm new to comp shooting but I want to get more time in on it and might as well start learning and Hickman is pretty knowledgable.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You don't really want to do that, I've seen it shoot he needs to send it back to Glock, it's got a bent barrel.

If you do make it to FNS you can join us glockers in the squad with Hickman. I'm new to comp shooting but I want to get more time in on it and might as well start learning and Hickman is pretty knowledgable.

I have a lot of good Coaching

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Thanks all

It's a blast. We have a lot of fun shooting together, then even more at BW3's after :D

FNS is where I started and it's still one of my favorite things to do.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    If you already have a 19 I would shoot IDPA with that and get a dedicated USPSA gun for limited division (35 or 24)

You can shoot production with the G19 as well.

If you want to shoot SSP/Production, the 34 is ideal. Vanek trigger + sights, a pile of mags and a good holster/belt and you're ready to go.

USPSA Limited really demands a .40 cal gun (24 or 35), extensions, mag well, sights, and trigger.

Top Bottom