• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    For those of you who where glasses and have a problem with fogging when you where a face mask. Have you found a face mask that works better then others? Do you just not where one? Or do you have another cure for this? I use to have this problem and found that a little rain x would work but was just curious if there might be a mask out there that is sealed well enough that it doesnt create the fogging issue. I don't currently wear glasses, however probably will soon as the eyes are getting a little blurry with age. Was in the stand this morning wondering about this.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've had alot of problems with it too. I have some anti-fog lens wipes that help, but definitely doesn't cure the problem. I usually have to leave my nose uncovered to keep from fogging my glasses. At my last eye doctor appointment I ordered some contacts to not have to worry about it hunting, haven't worn them for years but tired of fogging up.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I where glasses and have had the same problem. My solution was to use face paint. I keep some diaper wipes in my bag and when I'm ready to call it a day, they do an excellent job of getting rid of the paint.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    For those of you who where glasses and have a problem with fogging when you where a face mask. Have you found a face mask that works better then others? Do you just not where one? Or do you have another cure for this? I use to have this problem and found that a little rain x would work but was just curious if there might be a mask out there that is sealed well enough that it doesnt create the fogging issue. I don't currently wear glasses, however probably will soon as the eyes are getting a little blurry with age. Was in the stand this morning wondering about this.
    I use a non fully face covering mask. That way the cutout is big enough that i can just put the section over my mouth just under my nose. I would worry more about the sun glaring of the glasses.

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I use a non fully face covering mask. That way the cutout is big enough that i can just put the section over my mouth just under my nose. I would worry more about the sun glaring of the glasses.

This. And I hate fogging glasses :xmad:

karl77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Calumet township/Lake County
    I keep the mask pinched between my nose and glasses. also if you breathe heavily, inhale through your nose, exhale through mouth. anti fog wipes are good, however some of them remove coatings (anti glare/auto-tint)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I heard the neoprene masks work well to prevent fog but have no first hand experience. I use contacts and will probably have laser eye surgery before next year.

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    I put a drop of liquid soap on each side of each lense the night before & spread it all over both sides. Then in the am after it's fully dry, I wipe it off with a plain tissue. Works pretty good but not perfect. And it's cheap.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Primos makes one that is better than others I have tried. Like others posted above, I used to keep a 3/4 face mask over my mouth but below my nose to prevent fogging. Kind of sucked. This one works well during all but the coldest of mornings.

Ninja Mesh 3/4 Mask - Primos Hunting

I use it during fall bowhunts and spring turkey season. Best I have tried yet.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Grow a beard.

Got one thanks

StateCowboyShoot199_zps280a72d3.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    For those of you who where glasses and have a problem with fogging when you where a face mask.
    In cold weather I have found the combination of a pair of Wiley X glasses and Under Armour head gear have worked great. UA calls it a ColdGear Hood. Wipe on lens treatments too.

Mine are also prescription and the key is what they call the "Removable Facial Cavity Seal"..............aka foam gasket. It works best in wind and cold temps. Higher humidity and less wind works against you, remove the seal. I practice shooting with them year round. Go shoot sporting clays with your gear on. In Indy, shoot Friday Night Steel year round.

My Wiley's have the lenses that go from clear to dark. Because of this they are not polarized and also suck for driving because they only change color when hit with direct UV light. In a vehicle they will not change to dark. On the other hand, I can walk out in the woods in the light and return in the dark wearing the same glasses. Same goes for the boat.

PS OK, now you share. WHAT in the hell is that small studded looking paddle thing hanging from your belt? Is it some kind of marital aid?

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thats a bullet paddle holding 20 rds of 38 spl. So when I go to the loading table I have my ammo for my rifle and my handguns.:D
    Yeah. that is a boring answer. I liked where I was going with it, especially since my GF is a horse lover. After awhile the wonder whip just gets boring.

Who made your shotgun belt? It looks familiar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom