• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I am thinking about trading a beretta 92fs for a beretta tomcat and a beretta bobcat in 32 and 25...i dont think i would want the 25 so if someone guaranteed they would buy the 25 acp bobcat then i would do it....i would rather have the cash or something else...does anybody think this is a bad trade

Sounds like you have your mind set on this trade and want to hear counter arguments on the idea. Personally I love my 92fs and wouldn't really have much use for the Tomcat and Bobcat other than them being cool little novelties. But with that being said if you don't want your 92fs anymore you could justify it being a fair trade. What it all comes down to is if you will be happy with it. As far as value is concerned, the individual components are worth the value that YOU put on them not what someone else can sell them for. Sounds like you don't value the 92fs as high as others do. So be it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ok

I am not sire u r wrong but i dont like plastic pistols...kind of tired of lugging around a ppk in my pocket..that is what i want it for ....the 92 is a little big to me ...too big for my hand ...and bigger than i remember my last one to be...i have a penchant for small pistols...thanks for your input
    So then he has trades a 92FS for a Tomcat and $200? Still doesn't sound like a good trade to me. :D

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    So i cleaned up the beretta and i think i am going to keep it...it is a bit big but it is as cool as the other side of my pillow...going to add a couple things likeban elite hammer and change the recoil spring

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I have done many trades that included things I didnt want. Hence why I ended up with an ER Shaw Barrel and an MI Free floating hand guard. I wanted the handguard and a 16'' Barrel.

I go in to deals like that expecting to come out short and just hope I can get lucky and sell off or trade the parts I didnt want.

Its all mainly in the eye of the trader. Are you willing to take a loss until such time as you can trade off or sell the .25?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well

I value the beretta at 450 to 470 on a good day...i am no noob as i have bought and sold and traded over 50 firarms last year and on armslist...if i did that trade i think it would be easy to sell to get my money out of the two firearms but though i owned and sold 3bobcats and 2 jetfires...i have never had a tomcat...would like to try it but not sure waht a used one would sell for...also each gun comes with two boxes of ammo..i am leaning toward not dojng the trade but havent ruled it out
    I have done many trades that included things I didnt want. Hence why I ended up with an ER Shaw Barrel and an MI Free floating hand guard. I wanted the handguard and a 16'' Barrel.

I go in to deals like that expecting to come out short and just hope I can get lucky and sell off or trade the parts I didnt want.

Its all mainly in the eye of the trader. Are you willing to take a loss until such time as you can trade off or sell the .25?

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I find personally that many times I can buy a certain model used gun in a gun shop cheaper than I can from private individuals. Gun shops have to sell their guns to stay in business, even if it has a small profit. Many private individuals are just testing the water or looking for a someone that does not know the real value of a gun. I am amazed at how many people pay too much for a gun. Just my 2 cents worth.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yup

I agree with you 100% on this ...i am a shrewd buyer and search diligently for the best price on things
    I find personally that many times I can buy a certain model used gun in a gun shop cheaper than I can from private individuals. Gun shops have to sell their guns to stay in business, even if it has a small profit. Many private individuals are just testing the water or looking for a someone that does not know the real value of a gun. I am amazed at how many people pay too much for a gun. Just my 2 cents worth.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Gunbroker can be used as a price guide, but it has to be used effectively. If you do an advanced search, you can search completed auctions, to see what a gun ACTUALLY SOLD for.

Just FYI.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I am thinking about trading a beretta 92fs for a beretta tomcat and a beretta bobcat in 32 and 25...i dont think i would want the 25 so if someone guaranteed they would buy the 25 acp bobcat then i would do it....i would rather have the cash or something else...does anybody think this is a bad trade

Beretta Tomcat: Average SOLD price: $325
    Beretta Bobcat: Average SOLD price: $200

Beretta 92FS: Average SOLD price: $500-600

I would hold off on the deal. I think some of our peers reccomending the Tomcat +$$ might have the best idea, since thats what you really want. Anytime you buy something with the intention of selling it, you are investing more into the deal than you think (gas to meet a second buyer, time, effort, etc.)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I personally despise all the little Beretta handguns. Every time I shoot one, a chunk of meat is ripped from my hand. And to make matters worse, the rear corners of the slide are super sharp. I took a file to the corners of the last one I owned, and it still managed to draw blood. I haven't had this problem with any other small autos.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Beretta 92FS: Average SOLD price: $500-600

Way off base on an USED Beretta 92FS. Here are just a few recent ones that sold. The only ones that are going for over $500 are NIB ones.

BERETTA 92FS STAINLESS 9MM : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com $499.99
    Beretta 92FS 9mm Pistol : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$379.99
    Beretta 92FS 9mm NO RESERVE SALE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$449
    BERETTA 92FS : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$350

There are a lot more on there that can be had for under $500.

I'll eat my hat if that gun sells for $499. :D

Oh BTW, no one even touched this for $499........http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=307428866

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Way off base on an USED Beretta 92FS. Here are just a few recent ones that sold. The only ones that are going for over $500 are NIB ones.

BERETTA 92FS STAINLESS 9MM : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com $499.99
    Beretta 92FS 9mm Pistol : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$379.99
    Beretta 92FS 9mm NO RESERVE SALE : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$449
    BERETTA 92FS : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com$350

There are a lot more on there that can be had for under $500.

Oh BTW, no one even touched this for $499........Beretta 92FS 9mm Used : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

My apologies, I forgot to narrow it down to used-only. Good catch Sig.

Top Bottom