• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I am thinking about trading a beretta 92fs for a beretta tomcat and a beretta bobcat in 32 and 25...i dont think i would want the 25 so if someone guaranteed they would buy the 25 acp bobcat then i would do it....i would rather have the cash or something else...does anybody think this is a bad trade

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I am thinking about trading a beretta 92fs for a beretta tomcat and a beretta bobcat in 32 and 25...i dont think i would want the 25 so if someone guaranteed they would buy the 25 acp bobcat then i would do it....i would rather have the cash or something else...does anybody think this is a bad trade
    I would'nt do the trade personally. I would do a cash deal then buy a .32 Tomcat if I still wanted one. Why even include the .25 Bobcat if you're not sure you would even want it?

If you are set on having a .32 Tomcat then I would tell the other party in the trade that you would only be interested in the Tomcat + cash for your 92fs and let them worry about selling the Bobcat to someone else. :twocents:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It's not unheard of for someone to do a trade for something like that, where they don't necessarily want part of the trade, but do it to allow someone else to get their desires and then just sell the unwanted part.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    92FS is much easier to sell then either one of those. 9mm is cheaper to shoot than either one of those, which is probably why he wants your 9mm.
    Yep. :yesway: If I was on the other end I would trade those two items all day for a 92fs.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Tomcats are going for around $300 while Bobcats are going for around $250 it seems. Monetarily it sounds like a fair trade since a 92FS can be had for way less than $550.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Tomcats are going for around $300 while Bobcats are going for around $250 it seems. Monetarily it sounds like a fair trade since a 92FS can be had for way less than $550.

I haven't seen a Tomcat or Bobcat going for over 200 used, ever. Also haven't seen a 92FS for under $500, aside from the OP's classified ad. Where are you getting these prices?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    What's sad is thinking that an auction's opening price is a reasonable proximity of it's actual value. I'll eat my hat if that gun sells for $499. :D

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Unrealistic?? Wow......here ya go:
    Beretta 92FS 9mm Used : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

If you pay over $500 for a used 92FS, well that is sad.:twocents:

Just help the OP and not to get into the debate. There are no bids on the GB as of now, so that means, no interest to exchange money for gun.

To the OP, do little research on ammo availability on either 25 or 32, IMO there both pricey and not popular calibers. Caliber can be another way to evaluate a gun as far price goes. Just because it two or three for one, doesn't mean it a good deal.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    beretta 92

a 92 can be had for under 500 all day...heck i saw 2 at elmores used for this price and looked like they were fired for very little ...i have traded for a few and sold them for near this price ..j and g or aim surplus had the 40 cal version of the 92 as police trade in for 349 so that price is not the far off

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Beretta 9mm Model 92 S with extras

I haven't seen a Tomcat or Bobcat going for over 200 used, ever. Also haven't seen a 92FS for under $500, aside from the OP's classified ad. Where are you getting these prices?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    a 92 can be had for under 500 all day...heck i saw 2 at elmores used for this price and looked like they were fired for very little ...i have traded for a few and sold them for near this price ..j and g or aim surplus had the 40 cal version of the 92 as police trade in for 349 so that price is not the far off

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Beretta 9mm Model 92 S with extras

Yeah, I'm not really sure where people are getting this, "can't find them under $500," crap. If you want to do the trade, do it. YOu'll come out just fine from it.

Top Bottom