• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So in the final analysis on November 6, what will he have accomplished? I doubt that anyone who votes for him would have voted for Obama had he not been running.

If he gets 5% of the popular vote,the Libertarian party will be eligible for matching funds in 2016 from FEC.
    It is a large pot.96 million split between Republicans and Democrats this year.In 2016 it could be split 3 ways.5% of the popular vote is all the libertarians need.

That alone is worth the vote in my opinion given who the Republicans and Democrats keep running.It would make a 3rd party viable.

Federal Election Commission

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Where was he a year ago? Where were the ads when it mattered? He goes all on now. After its too late. Even though I like his platform it makes me wonder why he didn't go all in for the primary? What's his game? I watched him in one debate where he got very little air but everything he said was glib. He didn't seem to take it seriously. Now he is serious? When we have national issues when will he take them seriously? Maybe he has a subliminal desire to fail? A day late and a dollar short.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Where was he a year ago? Where were the ads when it mattered? He goes all on now. After its too late. Even though I like his platform it makes me wonder why he didn't go all in for the primary? What's his game? I watched him in one debate where he got very little air but everything he said was glib. He didn't seem to take it seriously. Now he is serious? When we have national issues when will he take them seriously? Maybe he has a subliminal desire to fail? A day late and a dollar short.

Im still waiting for the other choices from the mainstream to take them seriously.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to do what I always do when a presidential general election rolls around, vote for the Libertarian candidate and hope that if the Libertarian candidate doesn't win, that the Democrat candidate loses. A vote is not a birthright for a candidate from one of the two factions of the single Demopublican Party. If a Demopublican candidate can't take the right positions, voice the right opinions, and present the right plans to support the right public policies, to garner my vote, then he has no one to blame but himself.

This nation has been on the downward slide of the slippery slope for a long time. The only question on the national stage for a very long time has been who will apply the brakes the hardest, if at all. If my vote for Johnson allows those who support Obama to gain a majority in the Electoral College, so be it. It'll just been the accelerator gets pressed instead of the brake. Not my fault. I'm voting for the guy who'll hit the brakes, not the accelerator. I'm voting for the guy who will actually fix what's broken, not just duct tape and plaster over the cracks in this country's foundation.

If the people of this great nation are simply not capable of caring about the crumbling foundations of this country and its political institutions, then let the majority vote themselves largesse from the public coffers one more time. Every time merely hastens the truly big crash at the bottom of this slippery slope, and make no mistake, there is a bottom and it is coming. The sooner this house of cards collapses by the foundations, the sooner we can all drag ourselves out of the wreckage, dust ourselves off, pick up the pieces and rebuild the American Republic the way it was supposed to be in the first place, and hopefully, learn from the mistakes, not entirely of the past, but the mistakes of the present. as well.

Will people be hurt in this coming socio-economic collapse of the long failed American Experiment? Oh yeah. People will die. They will die in droves, but their blood will not be on my hands. I voted for the guy who could have saved them. They committed suicide by voting for the guy who would damn them. Karma's a *****.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Posit that the magnetic poles switch, the sun rises in the West, and Gary Johnson wins the Presidential Election: just what is he going to be able to do to Save The Union?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Posit that the magnetic poles switch, the sun rises in the West, and Gary Johnson wins the Presidential Election: just what is he going to be able to do to Save The Union?
    Well, for starters he could just exercise his veto power and stop the out of control spending by the house and senate. That would go a long way. He could also proffer a balanced budget that was based in sanity for them to pass. He could shut down a number of agencies, thus saving tax payer dollars and expanding freedom and he could order the immediate withdrawal of troops from places they don't need to be. That's just off the top of my head. Of course Obamney and his twin brother would and will do none of those things.
    They're more interested in maintaining the present course of the Titanic.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Well, for starters he could just exercise his veto power and stop the out of control spending by the house and senate. That would go a long way. He could also proffer a balanced budget that was based in sanity for them to pass. He could shut down a number of agencies, thus saving tax payer dollars and expanding freedom and he could order the immediate withdrawal of troops from places they don't need to be. That's just off the top of my head. Of course Obamney and his twin brother would and will do none of those things.
    They're more interested in maintaining the present course of the Titanic.

With little or no party affiliation in Congress, his veto could be overridden; he would be unable to shut down ANY government agency without the consent of Congress; he wouldn't make the nation any safer by immediately withdrawing all military forces from the rest of the world, and a precipitous withdrawal would likely cause more American and Allied casualties - which would bring even more opposition to his policies, domestic and foreign.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    With little or no party affiliation in Congress, his veto could be overridden; he would be unable to shut down ANY government agency without the consent of Congress; he wouldn't make the nation any safer by immediately withdrawing all military forces from the rest of the world, and a precipitous withdrawal would likely cause more American and Allied casualties - which would bring even more opposition to his policies, domestic and foreign.
    Congress override a veto? Unlikely on the best day. As for the troops. They'd be a hell of a lot safer here at home than in the Afghan quagmire. He hasn't said he'd withdraw troops globally. To date he's talked about ending the war in Afghanistan and bringing those troops home. That's a sane policy. Unlike Obama's escalation of it and Obamney's willingness to keep troops there forever. If he decided to bring home all the troops around the globe, I'd have no problem with that, either. Let the rest of the world pick up the slack for once. We've got a falling apart country to look after.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    mrjarrell Is it that time if the month again?

Seriously? Lol@you. Your naïveté is cute but your inability to effectively produce a logical counter argument and instead resort to comments like that is just sad.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Congress override a veto? Unlikely on the best day. As for the troops. They'd be a hell of a lot safer here at home than in the Afghan quagmire. He hasn't said he'd withdraw troops globally. To date he's talked about ending the war in Afghanistan and bringing those troops home. That's a sane policy. Unlike Obama's escalation of it and Obamney's willingness to keep troops there forever. If he decided to bring home all the troops around the globe, I'd have no problem with that, either. Let the rest of the world pick up the slack for once. We've got a falling apart country to look after.

While complaining about "Republicrats and Democratans", you conveniently dismiss the idea of them acting on what you say are their common interests.

Congress has been known override vetoes in the past. And having little-to-no party support in Congress, it wouldn't surprise me to see both "majority" parties gang up on him, each for their own reasons. Current Supreme Court justices would probably consort with necromancers to keep themselves alive long enough to outlast his term of office :D.

Like it or not, one man doesn't get anything significant accomplished in ANY elected office. Elections are won by teams of people; the elected one being the "face" of the team. Likewise, without being able to call on a coalition of allies, no one accomplishes anything in an elected government or even in a bureaucracy.

This continues to be the fallacy of the "Gary Johnson for President" movement; there isn't a large enough power base in place to get him elected, much less to allow him to make any of the necessary changes to our government.

To radically change the direction of government, those of libertarian bent are either going to have to change the minds of tens of millions of American citizens, or successfully take over the leadership of one of the major political parties. So far, the TEA Party seems to be having more success (if not total success) than the "Libertarians".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This has been another edition of Tory Talk. Tune in the same time tomorrow for the next edition.

Odd...

I thought is started of as one of the typical LP/Johnson/Paul cheerleading camps; practicing the same old cheer routines....with the indignation of seeing somebody wearing white after labor, the cheers turned to shrieks and howls.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Odd...

I thought is started of as one of the typical LP/Johnson/Paul cheerleading camps; practicing the same old cheer routines....with the indignation of seeing somebody wearing white after labor, the cheers turned to shrieks and howls.
    The only shrieks and howls, GFG are from the usual whiners amongst the Obamney supporters. This thread was simply about Johnson videos. No-one but the Tories sprang into action, with their usual mantra.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom