• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My girlfriend has her LTCH but doesn't have a gun of her own. She wants to know if she could carry one of mine. It's in my name. Any suggestions?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Doesn't matter as long as she has an LTCH. She can't buy a handgun from an FFL until she is 21. But can buy one in a private sale or carry yours.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Playing Devil's Advocate, I don't think it's a great idea to do so, but as already been pointing out, you wouldn't be breaking a law by simply loaning it to her. To reiterate, I might suggest you really think it over pretty hard before you do, though. I have friends I would unquestioningly loan a firearm for personal carry; and those I just wouldn't - and whether I was sleeping with them was NOT one of the criteria I used to sort the two groups.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As long as it's your firearm and you don't knowingly give it to her with the intent to commit a crime then it's all good.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There are a few very important rules you must follow first to qualify.

- If your gun she's borrowing is a revolver, the barrel must be longer than 4 inches because nobody wants your girlfriend to have a Stubbie - especially you. That's just wrong!

- The gun she carries can't be any larger than the one you're carrying at any specific time. You don't want to give her a false sense of superiority.

- Is she cute? Because if she is, you should NOT give her your Hi-Point. It will just ug her up fast.

I forgot the exact IC for these rules but I'm sure someone will be along shorty to verify them.

Glad I could help! :)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Sounds sweet that you want to loan her a gun. Just make sure you have been together long enough she won't shoot you with it or steal it if you break up. :)

Sounds like a good way for her to get a feel for different guns that you have to give her an idea of what she may like to buy for herself. I can tell you from personal experience that what feels good in your hand doesn't always feel as comfortable when you put it in your waistband, if that is how she is going to carry.

Top Bottom