• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Who here likes to ghetto carry and feels comfortable doing so? By Ghetto Carry I mean just tucking it in the waistband somewhere without any holster? I have some IWB holsters but I still find "ghetto" to be the most comfortable. Anyone else?

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't tried any "ghetto" carrying. I used to live in the ghetto (an area called the swamp in Indianapolis, I lived on the Eastern tip of it near Irvington). I hate everything that is "ghetto". So to me, I don't see myself ever attempting it. Plus I think having a holster for your side arm is more professional and responsible, and your peice would be at less risk of being dropped and scratched or worse. Also, I would think in some places, if your fire arm was accidentally seen, it would make a better impression if it was holstered insted of hanging tucked into your underwear. At least I would think.

... And...

I just don't have the body type to ghetto carry. The way all pants or shorts fit, it just wouldn't work.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I don't like it and thus always use a holster.

A good holster should break up the outline of the gun and spread the weight over a larger area of the belt. Thus, it should be more comfortable. It should provide a user with a consistent, full grip on the gun. It should cover the trigger/guard area. From a comfort, tactical, and safety perspective, I just can't see ghetto carry for myself.

The difference between a good holster and a piece of junk holster is like night and day.

Last edited:

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    It's unsafe, doesn't conceal as well sometimes, not comfortable or as functional, and usually isn't as fast as a strong side holster.

why would you want to?

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I will admit that I am guilty of it sometimes. I will tuck my Glock 19 in my waistband in the 3 o'clock position sometimes if im just running in someplace quick. Probably not the smartest thing to do.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm getting older and I have no butt any more so my pants fall down now so I couldn't imagine standing there with my pants around my ankles and a gun in my hand

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm getting older and I have no butt any more so my pants fall down now so I couldn't imagine standing there with my pants around my ankles and a gun in my hand

:D dat's da way du bruda's do it..:dunno:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I carry my model 60 that way but it has a Barami Hipgrip.

Well..... yeah. OK I guess I carry my Kel-Tec P11 that same way as it has a built-in belt clip. But I hardly consider that "ghetto style". ;) :patriot:

keltecp11.jpg

Top Bottom