Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How are you laying that at the feet of Clinton? Greed, stupidity, and Congress were the major reasons that all happened. I can't see where any President had much control over any of it.

He was the pin that popped the bubble. Not the over all cause just the pin.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Complicit is far from responsible. There were a lot of factors that went into that crash. A lot of deregulation and a lot of people bending rules to make a buck. You can't lay the blame for what happened just on them

Yes I can. It took his direct actions to pop the bubble at that time. My souse was in the Mortgage business a long long time. People in the know saw this coming regardless of BillyBobs actions but he pushed it to the fore. Then Bush rode the money train and "BOOM"

When the whole thing came crashing down there were many players involved but it became much easier to dip your cup in that lucrative well.
    The suits took all the money and left the field.

Think and feel as you will. It killed us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Complicit is far from responsible. There were a lot of factors that went into that crash. A lot of deregulation and a lot of people bending rules to make a buck. You can't lay the blame for what happened just on them
    Multiple people being complicit implies multiple people being responsible. If irresponsible feel-good programs that guarantee loans to people who could not pay them back gave other bad actors opportunities to exploit that for profit, the people who pushed those programs were as responsible as those who exploited the opportunity. If I irresponsibility leave something of value out where someone could easily steal it, I share the responsibility with the thieves when it is stolen. I’m not saying I bear a legal responsibility. I wouldn’t deserve jail for leaving it out. But I’m still responsible for the theft because I neglected the risks by leaving it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Multiple people being complicit implies multiple people being responsible. If irresponsible feel-good programs that guarantee loans to people who could not pay them back gave other bad actors opportunities to exploit that for profit, the people who pushed those programs were as responsible as those who exploited the opportunity. If I irresponsibility leave something of value out where someone could easily steal it, I share the responsibility with the thieves when it is stolen. I’m not saying I bear a legal responsibility. I wouldn’t deserve jail for leaving it out. But I’m still responsible for the theft because I neglected the risks by leaving it out.

Well said.

The spouse was a loan officer at a major mortgage lender through all of that ridiculous crap and yes the players fed on this like a shark/blood feeding frenzy. She refused to make loans when it was obvious the people could not live under that burden and was called on the carpet a few times for this. They told her make the loans and we will reap the rewards. She did not. And she was still in the top 10% of the LO's company wide and they were in every state pretty much.

Shark/blood. We know who the sharks were. We also know who chummed the waters. Follow the money people. Always follow the money.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I am not politically astute, but I do know which party campaigns on that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just thought I would add some fuel to the discussion. I cleared this with my partner in crime before I dug this up.
    Couple of years ago at the 1500. This is myself and Kelly in Avon./ We were manning the Ingo table when Janet Holcomb approached us. We had a delightful conversation with her and her body guard.

The things you do for attention....:):

YR4ZqTj.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just thought I would add some fuel to the discussion. I cleared this with my partner in crime before I dug this up.
    Couple of years ago at the 1500. This is myself and Kelly in Avon./ We were manning the Ingo table when Janet Holcomb approached us. We had a delightful conversation with her and her body guard.

YR4ZqTj.jpg
    That's getting to be a few years ago CM. 5 minutes into the first show I worked IIRC. I miss working the INGO booth and the traditional pre-show breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway.

TRUE STORY: CM picked up the tab for breakfast while I was on the phone talking my wife through an "IF" statement in Excel. I remember thinking, I'm on to something here! :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's getting to be a few years ago CM. 5 minutes into the first show I worked IIRC. I miss working the INGO booth and the traditional pre-show breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway.

TRUE STORY: CM picked up the tab for breakfast while I was on the phone talking my wife through an "IF" statement in Excel. I remember thinking, I'm on to something here! :laugh:

Hey man I have to feed the help you know.

I really miss the 1500. You really never knew what was walking up next...:):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That coat is soooo cooollll!

I gotsa have one!

YR4ZqTj.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey man I have to feed the help you know.

I really miss the 1500. You really never knew what was walking up next...:):

Odds are you'd banned them!! OK, most were INGOers who were cool. But I didn't have my head on a swivel for the non-banned.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We are lucky to have Holcomb in office during this terrible time. Defunding police and then using crime as a reason to ban guns is on practically every democrats agenda. Now is not the time to take even a remote chance!

:coffee: * Yawn * ...let's take a look once again inside this thread, and see if people are finally, really ready to get ready of Holcomb yet:

:nailbite:

Nope. Still a bunch of scared, straight-ticket-voting people who feel safer with the Republican Boot on their neck. Complete vote of confidence in Donkey Schnozz.

Can't wait till you find out:

1) The C.V. Vaccine isn't effective at _stopping_ the disease,
    2) People are still at risk anyway, and
    3) You're _still_ going to wear masks in public the rest of your lives.

Governor Donkey Schnozz obviously realizes fear is a powerful motivator, voters are like scared dogs in a thunderstorm, and feel safer with their little [STRIKE]thunder blankets[/STRIKE] masks on.

Done. Carry on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee: * Yawn * ...let's take a look once again inside this thread, and see if people are finally, really ready to get ready of Holcomb yet:

Nope. Still a bunch of scared, straight-ticket-voting people who feel safer with the Republican Boot on their neck. Complete vote of confidence in Donkey Schnozz.

2) people are still at risk anyway, and
    3) you're _still_ going to wear masks in public the rest of your lives.

Carry on.

OK big fella. What's your answer. Serious question. I aint scared I am seriously concerned. Let us hear it please.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    OK big fella. What's your answer. Serious question. I aint scared I am seriously concerned. Let us hear it please.

Ok, "Big Fella." I already told you what my answer was. Do like we did with Lugar, take the sacrifice of a Democrat for one ineffectual term, and send the message.

Don't like my answer? It's worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't have to do it. I'm just pointing out what you're going to get.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, "Big Fella." I already told you what my answer was. Do like we did with Lugar, take the sacrifice of a Democrat for one ineffectual term, and send the message.

Don't like my answer? It's worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't have to do it. I'm just pointing out what you're going to get.

Dont be butt hurt "FELLA" I was asking for an answer. So don't give me one smart guy.

Big Fella is a term of endearment around my house.

As I have mentioned. I am at the end of my life's fuse. I really have no time for what you are espousing. The mere thought of a mayor stinky shoes (and especially the crap sack offered by the dems) in the states big boy chair is not something I would even consider. Even if that will work. And this is not Lugars America my friend. What worked then may well only put more nails in the coffin.

Now, Please take no offense man as none was intended.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There is a definition of insanity.

I believe it fits the Republican vs Democrat argument nicely.

I am with Twangbanger.

Sometimes when your kids/friends/politicians take you for granted, you have to show them the fruit of their mistakes. No matter how the answer is sliced, whether its protecting rights or whatever.....the real answer, IF one is fed up with the Republicans, is to vote against them AND start getting involved to put candidates in place that deserve a vote. Rationalizing a vote for them IF one is fed up with them, means one is voting out of fear.

Until people can look in the mirror and come to terms with that, fear will be what decides their vote.

If it's not fear, then one simply isn't fed up with the Republicans. At that point I would ask what are the Republicans doing that deserves your vote? If what they are DOING, not what they are SAVING us from, causes you to vote Republican then go vote Republican. If the answer really becomes one that outlines what they are saving us from, then the answer reverts back to fear.

No one likes to admit being afraid. I have voted out of fear (Supreme Court Justices) before (Trump). I will probably do it again.

Dont be butt hurt "FELLA" I was asking for an answer. So don't give me one smart guy.

Big Fella is a term of endearment around my house.

As I have mentioned. I am at the end of my life's fuse. I really have no time for what you are espousing. The mere thought of a mayor stinky shoes (and especially the crap sack offered by the dems) in the states big boy chair is not something I would even consider. Even if that will work. And this is not Lugars America my friend. What worked then may well only put more nails in the coffin.

Now, Please take no offense man as none was intended.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Twangbanger;[URL="tel:8392916" said:
    8392916[/URL]]:coffee: * Yawn * ...let's take a look once again inside this thread, and see if people are finally, really ready to get ready of Holcomb yet:

2) People are still at risk anyway, and
    3) You're _still_ going to wear masks in public the rest of your lives.

Governor Donkey Schnozz obviously realizes fear is a powerful motivator, voters are like scared dogs in a thunderstorm, and feel safer with their little [STRIKE]thunder blankets[/STRIKE] masks on.

Done. Carry on.

I agree with you Holcomb is the face the leader of Indiana republican party the others see what he is getting away with. He is a high tax bigger government republican. I the days of pass we would call him a blue dog democrat.
    I will not be voting for him yes he is going to win huge but I want him to see that there are people that will not support him and are fed up with all his crap.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    My guess is we have a Republican Gov. evening of Nov. 3rd

My message to him will not come in an angry or concerned email or phone call or snail mail.......

Holcomb is riding a 15 % advantage in the polls and is happy as a clam.....

My message to him on Nov. 3rd will be an "open blank bubble" ..... no vote for governor.

I hope others do the same....so as President Trump and other Republicans stack up big wins......and......

his margin of victory is one vote.........

his own!

That's MY message

and.....

he'll be readin the voting results carefully

& get his attention too

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom