• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have to get sprayed to carry OC spray, so tomorrow im gonna get coated. How bad is it? How all has been sprayed? How long does it last? Thanks!

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

For me, not as bad a CS or CN tear gas, but maybe enough to make you cry anyway. They seem to have different effects on different "subjects."

Last edited:

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    It's no big deal. A bit painful. A bit frustrating. But nothing you can't work through. When you are deconning, get your eyes open as early in the process as possible. You won't want too, but do it anyway.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've heard it helps a LOT if you keep your eyes open as wide as possible. Also, be sure to inhale deeply. The tears are supposed to wash it out faster.

:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I hope you tell us all about it tomorrow.
    I want to get sprayed myself, but for some reasons I keep postponing.
    Even though some generous fellow members offered to spray me for free. :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Only have to remember a few things.

1. Breathe
    2. It WILL wear off and stop hurting
    3. Seriously, just Breathe.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It's no big deal. A bit painful. A bit frustrating. But nothing you can't work through. When you are deconning, get your eyes open as early in the process as possible. You won't want too, but do it anyway.

This.

You really want to get your eyes open and rinsed afterword. If you don't, it'll just take that much longer to decon.

Make sure you thoroughly wash your hands at least before you urinate. If you don't it'll be another rough 20 minutes.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I've heard it helps a LOT if you keep your eyes open as wide as possible. Also, be sure to inhale deeply. The tears are supposed to wash it out faster.

:D

LOL!! i ain't gonna lie to ya, it's gonna suck, the worst part is, when you go home and take a shower and it runs outta your hair and such and down,. well, there, it's gonna suck even more. HAVE FUN!! :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    LOL!! i ain't gonna lie to ya, it's gonna suck, the worst part is, when you go home and take a shower and it runs outta your hair and such and down,. well, there, it's gonna suck even more. HAVE FUN!! :D

Maybe the solution is to shower or take a bath upside down so that it doesn't go down more sensitive parts. :dunno:

naked-man-doing-a-handstand-in-a-lake.jpg

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    No way around it OC sucks ......spary it on your popcorn ...mmmmm good...:popcorn: OC sucks more when your taking down a J3 and you get spayed in the face not the J3 :rolleyes: . I personally feel personal who work with it should get sprayed more then just for certification and train more while being sprayed then applying personal protection.....

Believe it or not the more your sprayed and eating a lot more Cayenne pepper you can build up your resists to OC to handle it better.....good luck :D

Top Bottom