• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiganmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    It's a LIFETIME license, and they put it on cheap, thin, pink paper. Couldn't they have made it a little more sturdy, like a driver's license, or a credit card with a little hologram, or maybe a shiny, metal badge? :D

Hey wait a minute....that is a great idea! Let's ALL get badges! And while we are at it, let's trick out our cars so they look like police cars! And who has a big basement that we could turn into a jail and put the people we 'arrest' in?

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    OP, I recommend the L1 service if you have it as an option, It only costs $10.95 and they take your state payment. I took a Money Order for the total but I would call ahead and ask them if they will take one payment of if you will need two separate money orders.

Also, I recommend the lifetime if you can swing the extra cash.

I filled out the application on line Wednesday evening after business hours. It made my appointment for the L1 place closest to my home. I went there about 10 AM Thursday morning, then to the local PD with the receipt they gave me stating I paid my state fee.

Local PD did their thing, took their money, mine took cash, again, call ahead so you’re prepared and to minimize delays. All done before Noon...

At the time the local PD completed their part online I received the receipt from them, the state receipt back and the lady was kind enough to put my LTCH number on my receipt.

I received my LTCH Monday in the mail, it showed a postmark of Saturday. Thats three business days..

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Maybe a studip question. :)

Is it necessary to call the local PD ahead of time and tell them you applied for a license online and did the L1 fingerprinting?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    well you need to anyways to pay them the local payment which is 50. you also have to take the L1 reciept with you to prove you paid them. so yes you should call ahead and tell them

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Maybe a studip question. :)

Is it necessary to call the local PD ahead of time and tell them you applied for a license online and did the L1 fingerprinting?

Probably a good idea to give them a call. Most of them have certain hours/days that they accept LTCH apps. And I've heard of a very few that require an appointment.

hoosiergrass75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    southeast Indiana
    Got the online application submitted and the L1 fingerprinting done today...tomorrow it is on to the local PD to pay the local fee, then it's wait time....This was an easy process and with the help of this thread made it easier even for a guy like me..LOL

Top Bottom