• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Update: And I am not happy....Since getting my M&P Pro back from S&W I haven't had a lot of opportunities to shoot it. About 200 rounds through it since then. Went to the range this morning to get a little work done and pulled out the M&P. First string of shots not real good, kind of scattered on the target. Next 10 shots all way left......next 10 shots off the paper to the right.....Can you see where this is headed? The dern rear sight set screw worked loose again and the sight was sliding all over the place.

Do you guys feel that is is necessary to use lock-tite on sight adjustment screws? I think it would be difficult to hold the sight in place while you back out the screw , add lock-tite and reinsert the screw. I don't mind having it locked in place since once it is set, you shouldn't have to move it. This is the only weapon that I have this problem with.

What say you all? Call up S&W and complain? Locktite the screw and be done with it? Throw the thing in a lake and call it stolen?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My offer still stands... but MOST of not all of the locking screws get locktighted down... usually with blue. i would use red which would be better but i dont know if the owner or someone else will ever try to remove the sights and i dont want them to strip the screw by not applying heat first.

either way feel free to bring her by my shop (i am available this evening as well) and we can center it and locktight it down..

and for the record, i have never seen an M and P with a rear sight that would could be moved in the rear dovetail w/out using a block and punch.... might need me to tighten up that dovetail a bit as well...

i promise ill be dirt cheap on this one as i feel bad that you are having a bad experience and not enjoying what a great pistol the M and P's actually are.

Top Bottom