• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Does anybody else find it sort of odd that with all the handguns or people carrying that come into the 1500 that you never see the LEO's checking for a carry license. IMO this would be an easy place to bust people.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Have you ever been there? How long would it take to do as you suggest? would anyone even make it through the line? I think this would hinder commerce to the point that suits would follow. Besides, revenue is the primary reason for gov and LE to exist, without business transactions there is no revenue generated.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Oh there would be revenue. I say confiscate the gun of anyone not legally carrying, all it would do is showing your LTCH which would take all of .15 seconds when you enter the door. Don't give anyone jail time or court costs. If you're caught without a LTCH you get a claim check. On Monday you take that claim check to the police station and get your gun back, after of course paying a 100 dollar fine.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    All you would have to say is that you are taking it to your dealer. I think that is law in Indiana isn't it? You don't need a license to carry to take the handgun to and from a licensed dealer, or so I thought.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    All you would have to say is that you are taking it to your dealer. I think that is law in Indiana isn't it? You don't need a license to carry to take the handgun to and from a licensed dealer, or so I thought.

Home from purchase, along with to and from "a place of repair", taking to a dealer doesn't qualify unless he is also a place of repair.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker

You are allowed to transport guns to and from the dealers as long as it's not on your persons (body) and it has to be unloaded. You cant have the gun and ammo in the same compartment either. So if you were driving and had your gun in the glove box and the ammo in the trunk then thats fine.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not odd, because attendance at a gun show, carrying a gun, isnt exacty PC to harass people. That tricky 4th Amendment foils again!

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    You are allowed to transport guns to and from the dealers as long as it's not on your persons (body) and it has to be unloaded. You cant have the gun and ammo in the same compartment either. So if you were driving and had your gun in the glove box and the ammo in the trunk then thats fine.

I would recommend doing this only with a LTCH. 'Course then, it would be loaded and on my hip as usual. Many cops think this is okay from what I hear, but get one who wants to give you some crap and you probably wont like the out come in court.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    Funny all the LE (except maybe ATF) have treated me with respect. Can't say the same for the officers. I once saw a guy "clear/safety" his gun with the muzzle pointed at the officer's gut. I could easily see the frustration in the officer's face, but he forced a smile and said have a nice day. I wondered how may times that happened to him that day.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I think the show numbers would drastically be cut if people knew they could get "busted" with a gun. I guess I would almost like that better - more room in the aisles.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    All they did last night, was ask if you had a firearm coming in and going out. It was the ticket lady coming in and security going out at closing time.

I saw plastic ties on/in firearm actions being carried by customers.

No hassles, no one shot or killed. lol

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon

NOT TRUE.

Place of purchase to your home or your business
    or a place to get it repaired

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    What are yopu talking about?

Does anybody else find it sort of odd that with all the handguns or people carrying that come into the 1500 that you never see the LEO's checking for a carry license. IMO this would be an easy place to bust people.
    All I gotta say is maybe some people should read the Book,mentioned on here by INGO. Gun laws in Indiana.
    Might be a good start.

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    Any guns, any guns? Nope. As the guy in front of pulls it out of the backpack and laughs to his buddy. Then proceeds to apply his own orange ziptie...... Whats the point. It will never be conpletely safe. Not with dumba**es like that floating around.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008

ADT knights, I am not angry at u but please re-think your position because: I do not think we should have to have a LTCH in the U.S.A, criminals do not care or apply for LTCH, the license only keeps the honest honest. I will catch flak here but I stand firm, I only got one because it is the law, criminals do not apply because it is the law they not recieve or retain one, yet they still carry? Again the criminals win, making it hard on the law abiding people!

bjames

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    ADT knights, I am not angry at u but please re-think your position because: I do not think we should have to have a LTCH in the U.S.A, criminals do not care or apply for LTCH, the license only keeps the honest honest. I will catch flak here but I stand firm, I only got one because it is the law, criminals do not apply because it is the law they not recieve or retain one, yet they still carry? Again the criminals win, making it hard on the law abiding people!

Field King, No flak from me. I completely agree. Same could be said for doing background checks before allowing a law abiding citizen to purchase a gun of any kind. Criminals get guns anytime and pretty much wherever they want. If they are so easily armed, why do I have to have my background checked before I can purchase a gun. It's all B.S. (and before someone asks I can and do legally purchase guns a lot, without hiccup) You said it best laws only keep the honest, honest. And now with this shooting in Tuscan I fear things are only gonna get worse for those of us who play by the rules.

Part of the attraction of the gun show is that pretty much anyone for that weekend can carry and buy or sell without anyone making a big fuss about it. That is one of the reasons it is the biggest show in the state and why they have it so often. If you're on here complaining about the crowds or how crowded the aisles are. DON'T GO. We live in a very gun friendly state compared to others, so be proud and take advantage of that situation while you can.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom