• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I just watched one segment, between commercials, and I'm embarrassed.

CNN just aired a "voice of pro-gunners" whether you like it or not. And he does not look reasonable, or quite frankly, sane.

This is the equivalent of the news finding the toothless, mullet-haired redneck who "rode out the hurricane" in his trailer - to do an on-air interview.

:rolleyes:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I just watched one segment, between commercials, and I'm embarrassed.

CNN just aired a "voice of pro-gunners" whether you like it or not. And he does not look reasonable, or quite frankly, sane.

This is the equivalent of the news finding the toothless, mullet-haired redneck who "rode out the hurricane" in his trailer - to do an on-air interview.

:rolleyes:

Yes, but they didn't pick him, he is the one who created the petition to deport PM. So essentially AJ engineered this whole thing.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I think pierce new what he was doing. Most of America didn't listen to a word Alex said. Pierce just wanted people to make the connection of pro-gun with aggressive, ill-tempered behavior.

Right or not I'm afraid he made firearm advocates look bad to an extent. I even found it difficult to decipher some of what he was trying to say. Imagine what someone with a hatred for guns with a very closed mind is going to perceive from this "debate".

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yes, but they didn't pick him, he is the one who created the petition to deport PM. So essentially AJ engineered this whole thing.

Right, but who had who on who's show? That's my point. He exposed, in my opinion, an absolute nutjob.

Did he make good points? Sure.

Did he sound like a complete idiot while doing it, thus "further proving" to anti-gunners that we're ALL nuts? Absolutely.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    If it were me on the show. I would simply ask Piers two simple questions: "What if Sandy Hook Elementary was not a Gun Free Zone? What if there were other people on the premises armed legally?"

Then you watch him squirm out of the questions and give you a response with another stupid question that he always gives. "Yeah, well how many homicides were in the UK last year?" Stupid BS like that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can we toss weapons into the room and hop[e they destroy each other?

Piers Morgan would be the first to fire :P

Quite possible, presuming he could find the trigger and figure out what it did. That actually would be fine. I seem to recall from my history that the last time the Brits came to this side of the pond and fired on people living here first.... it didn't go so well for them. The folks that were fired upon were led by a man named Captain John Parker, and it happened on the Green in the town of Lexington, MA. When the column returned along what today is called Battle Road, they met a horrific ambush laid by the survivors of that attack.

To this day, just outside of Lexington, that spot in the road is known as "Parker's Revenge".

Blessings,
    Bill

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Jebus, I swear you guys are impossible to please. Seriously, no offense, but someone FINALLY takes it to Piers over guns, runs right over him like a freight train and doesn't apologize for it. I admit, I am not AJ fan, and I could see where people could see him as crazy or looney, but for god-sake at LEAST he put some real fight out there that is pro 2nd amendment on main stream TV. I'm sick of all this polite crap, its time to take the gloves off with these people.

Could it have gone better? Sure. When is it possible to do something without improvement? Could it have gone worse by giving that British scum another ten minutes to spout his inaccurate garbage? YES! I think that is far worse than worrying about how AJ represents the gun community. The people that think all gun owners are like him, are going to think that no matter what we do.

Maybe AJ should have stood up, broke PM's jaw and said he used his "Assault Fists", that would have made my night.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ultimately, I think this is the time to worry a heck of a lot less about "how we look" and more about how hard we can fight these gun grabbers!

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    In all fairness "taking the gloves off" may not be politically correct at this time. Sometimes, as nice as it is to see someone speaking their mind, 2A activists have an agenda as well. In some cases we do have to consider "how we look" on certain stages.

If we chose someone to speak for us on a stage like this (millions of viewers) it sure as hell would not have been him. Pierce didn't have to say a word to make the point he was trying to make. A negative light has been shed like it or not.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In all fairness "taking the gloves off" may not be politically correct at this time. Sometimes, as nice as it is to see someone speaking their mind, 2A activists have an agenda as well. In some cases we do have to consider "how we look" on certain stages.

If we chose someone to speak for us on a stage like this (millions of viewers) it sure as hell would not have been him. Pierce didn't have to say a word to make the point he was trying to make. A negative light has been shed like it or not.

At least someone had the gall to recite some truth on CNN, politically correct or not. He could have sat there all polite-like, as others have and let Pierce roll over him.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

But honestly, do you really think that this war on the 2nd amendment is going to be won by gentle words and polite gestures? See this is exactly what I think liberals do to all of us, make us afraid to speak out mind, make us afraid of how the world will see us. I am sorry, but I don't think this battle can be won off public relations.

(I am not saying this is how we should approach every interview, but we have to get a few of these in there, something has to make an impact)

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    At least someone had the gall to recite some truth on CNN, politically correct or not. He could have sat there all polite-like, as others have and let Pierce roll over him.

I'll give him that. :yesway:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Alex Jones is a nut job. And liberals are sure to pounce on his 9/11 beliefs, and attempt to tie that craziness to all gun owners. And when they do, remember two words. Van Jones.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I seem to recall from my history that the last time the Brits came to this side of the pond and fired on people living here first.... it didn't go so well for them.

It didn't??? What is this revisionist history stuff on INGO?:D

Why is the White House white?;)

We are just lucky that the British had the French to deal with or we would be Australia II.:D

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    After reading the beginnings of this thread last night, I learned that Morgan is some guy on CNN, a channel I never watch, and I still have no idea who Alex Jones is except he started some petition. I saw his show listed on my Dish Network directory so I tuned in to view a rerun at around 11:00 PM. What a bunch of crap. People watch this and think it is any kind of reality? They have idiots on both sides of the issue. I could not watch the whole thing. Things got better when I flipped the channel and watch an old Charles Bronson movie "Death Wish".

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    There was supposed to have been a third segment with Jones debating Dershowitz but CNN didn't like the way things were going and ordered Jones out of the studio after two segments!

Top Bottom