• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Ah, i see.. I only started using them a few years ago. I bought and shot thousands with no issues. Hopefully they just fixed their problem cause I would like to continue having no issues with them.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Is been off and on, but most of what I have bought has been the federal 525 bulk packs in the $24.99 range. Usually just luck when I run across it. I found three boxes of 100rnd CCI minimags for $7.99ea. Only minimags I have seen outside of gun shows where they were $10-$20 per box.
    A month or so back I posted Dicks had the 1400round buckets of Golden's. I picked up a couple buckets for $69.99.

Matt

coyotehunter4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    WEST CENTRAL IND.
    Is been off and on, but most of what I have bought has been the federal 525 bulk packs in the $24.99 range. Usually just luck when I run across it. I found three boxes of 100rnd CCI minimags for $7.99ea. Only minimags I have seen outside of gun shows where they were $10-$20 per box.
    A month or so back I posted Dicks had the 1400round buckets of Golden's. I picked up a couple buckets for $69.99.

Matt
    I'm at Dicks in Plainfield now. No luck

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ha, I like the way he gets bashed in that thread...:):

To be honest, I feel a bit the same. I wouldn't have bought more than a case worth myself, as I try to be considerate and would like to leave some for my fellow shooters. At the same time, the guy that bought every box wasn't wrong, maybe just a bit inconsiderate. I always feel bad if I go in and buy up the last box of something, but the feeling usually goes away at the range!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I was chatting with the sporting goods manager at the Brownsburg Walmart about 22lr. He said the same half dozen guys show up almost every weekday morning at 5:30 to buy what 22lr he gets in. He said he wishes he could limit them to 3 boxes a week but instead it's 3 boxes a day. He said he hasn't been able to put any in the display case in over a year. Sucks but I'll do like you and buy it when supply is greater than demand.

Even if you are going by there, what does it cost to pull your vehicle into a parking lot, and have to restart it again? I'll bet it's $1-3 depending on the fuel economy and depreciation of your vehicle. And assuming the ammo isn't there every time you go, seems like a potential financial loss compared to ordering 500 rounds (or more) at a time. If your time is worth something and you don't enjoy browsing Walmart, that's another reason not to go every day.

I try to check when I am at a store, or if I really need some. But it seems as this has become an obsession for some people. Or maybe they all like to go out for coffee and donuts afterward :)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    They've got the prices marked to where guys won't just come in and wipe out the supply because it was cheap. This way any of us could go buy some today and take a kid shooting if we wanted to because even though it's over priced at least it's available.

I agree. Honest marketing is not gouging. I feel the same way about the often-maligned person who posts a rare toy on Ebay in December. For people who are having one of those years where time is shorter than money, the opportunity to have something accessible is worth paying for. No one is making your buy it nor gouging you without your own permission.

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    In Rochester the Walmart & Big R across the street have a big supply of ammo in. Sealed cans of Tul-Ammo in .223, .32, .380 but no .22. The Rural King in Kokomo has .22 in 500 rd boxes but they don't have it out on display. They sell it with the purchase of a gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just noticed on AmmoSeek that Glen's Army Navy has Winchester Reduced Lead Training rounds on sale (9mm 147gr):

Winchester W Train Reduced Lead Ammunition 9mm Luger 147 Grain Full Metal Jacket

It's hard to believe there are 333 rounds, as provided in the description, for $16.99 a box. I ordered one box, with ~$10 shipping the cost per round is still under a dime. I shot off an email to customer service to verify there are actually 333 rounds per box. If so, that's a heck of a deal that I wanted to share with my fellow INGO members :)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Gunbot also thinks it is 5 cents per round. I would think you should at least be able to cancel if they can't fulfill it. Anyone have a screen shot?

ETA: wouldn't let me add more to my cart and now website is locking up. Perhaps it was a mistake and they caught it ?

and.... looks like I got the last 2 boxes. Thanks. If they made a mistake, though, I'll be fine with them canceling the order. I'm not interested in taking advantage of a clerical error.

Last edited:

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Earlier I looked and it said out of stock. In the additional information area it said, 333 rounds. Just looked again and it now say's 50 rounds.

Last edited:

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Haven't been to the range in a long time and I'm blaming it on the lack of ammo. To be honest, I haven't checked any of the local shops lately and I don't have the first idea on where to buy ammo online. Are you guys noticing any drop in price or increase in supply yet? Are people still clearing the shelves/loading dock as soon as the truck arrives? It's been so long that I'm not even sure what the going rate of 100/200 count of 9mm is anymore.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    From what I see supply is up on most calibers. Walmart's shelves have been pretty well stocked with most everything accept .22. I'm sure they get .22 in, but they get scooped up by the 8:30 crowd. They are widely available but not a great price. 9mm is what I mostly purchase. They run typically $13-$15 per 50. I did pick up some Federal aluminum cased for $10 at WM. When I have some spare money to spend I would like try an online purchase with Freedom Munitions. From what I've read, they have a good product at good prices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom