• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking for some practice ammo for my new to me Winchester 94 in 30-30 for practice thursday. Been out of town for a week, is there some here in Indy? Only been looking for what I owned when I've been out so since this one is new to me have no Idea how the supply of 30-30 is. going to look while at Wally World 96th street while shopping then maybe GM...

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Walmart at 86th and Michigan had .40, .45, 9mm and even .22LR in stock (CCI SV 50 rd boxes) as of about 9pm.

CCI SV .22LR still in stock as of 8pm Tuesday. About 10 boxes left, but they're all shoved towards the back of the shelf.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm surprised this thread is still this active. I'm guessing all the ammo hounds got tunnel vision on Wal*Mart's over the past 8 months because it looks like those shelves are still running low/empty after the ambitious morning crowd passes through. Don't get too focused on Wally-World or internet deals.

I recently took a business trip through four states, wasn't in any hurry (Actually trying to kill time between meetings), so I stopped in about ten different gun stores and sporting goods chains. Two Bass Pro's, One Cabelas, One Gander, One Rural King and a handful of independent stores... all but one (Gander) was packed full of ammo at regular prices. All the popular handgun rounds, cases of 223, all the big centerfire cartridges, dare I say 90% of the stores looked "like the old days" before the craze? Rimfire was slim in most of those stores but at least 17HMR & 22WMR were coming back around.

Cabelas & a Mom-N-Pop had 22LR on the shelf but CCI Standard Velocity was the only round I saw that I really like so I bought 4 boxes of those. The only thing I was really looking for was 10ga loads and I came up pretty dry there.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    the Gander regular price for WWB 100rd 45acp is $65, exact same thing $41 at Walmart.

I wouldn't call 10cents/rd a regular price for 22 either.

I stopped looking for centerfire ammo after I started reloading.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Anderson Wal-Mart is more stocked than I have seen it in a year. I just picked up some Winchester 555 bulk packs, there were 4 left.
    They had a couple cases of CCI stingers, Federal .223, UMC .45, and a few others I am missing.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just got an in-stock notification from Midway - Aguila SuperExtra 22LR 40 grain round nose - $28.99/500
    Aguila SuperExtra Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of

Better be quick.

They are out of that. But they have:

Eley Sport: Eley Sport Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 500 (10

Aguila Match: Aguila Match Rifle Ammo 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of

Remington Subsonic: Remington Ammo 22 Long Rifle Subsonic 38 Grain Lead Hollow Point Box

Currently, 1 box limit each.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom