Not open for further replies.

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    What app are you talking about. please pm me

My post count is too low to pm. It's something that checks the status of several products hourly, using the app, then puts everything in an email and sends it to me. When I see something worthwhile come in stock I try to post so people can check on their apps or with the stores.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Just stopped by said gunstore just to check price and most of the pistol ammo is upwards of $38 a box for 50 rounds. The guy behind the counter had the nerve to tell me that "our costs have went up" :rolleyes:

Big Daddies in hagerstown is the place to go. He almost always has ammo for all calibers without doubling the price.:rockwoot:

Funny you mention the price of ammo at your LGS. I am fortunate enough to live a block away from a gun store that is relatively new, small and what I considered a decent place to shop. That was until I recently began to experience a sudden jump in ammo prices.

A little over a month ago I picked up a box of CCI AR Tactical 22 LR at pre panic pricing. I nearly walked away from it because he wouldn't sell me both boxes (only 2 he had gotten in that day) but the gun shop owner quickly stepped up his salesmanship. I left with a single box. The more I thought about it, the more I was impressed that we had a LGS that had chosen not to buy into the hype.

Fast forward 7 days. I call into said shop asking about their 22 LR stock and I'm informed that they have a few bulk packs of Winchester at $70 a box. After regaining my breath I politely advised him that he was too rich for my blood. His response? "These were selling at the last gun show for $100." Agian, being as polite as I can, I told him that he should have sold them at the gun show then because I wasn't buying them.

I took a couple weeks to calm down and returned to the same gun store and to my surprise (assume the purple if you will) he had nearly every caliber of ammo available for sale. I could clearly see 400 - 500 rounds of 223/5.56. He has PMags and many more magazines in stock as well as plenty of rifles on the wall. EVERY SINGLE ITEM IS OVER PRICED. His reasoning? It's the going rate.

I'm all for a business trying to make a profit. Do not get me wrong. I understand that they are there for a reason and it isn't to pander to whiny little pu**iess. Now, knowing that I am pro capitalist, you must also know that I am in sales myself and one of the qualities I hold most dear is the ability to retain my customer base even when my prices are slightly higher than the competitors. You don't accomplish this by taking advantage of a situation such as this.

I know many will read this and wonder where this LGS is so they can go buy some 55 gr .223 at $1.00/ round or some Hornaday 75 gr at $30 (I just received my order at $18.99/ 20). I ask you this; is it really that important that you over pay for ammo you are going to waste shooting at a piece of paper and I'll bet you will simply dump your mag and not care how accurate you are? Do yu understand that YOU are part of the reason people like this are jacking up their prices? Do you understand that the sooner you realize that you don't need to blow your wad on ammo right this minute, the sooner prices will come back down and inventory levels will return?

Furthermore, you can be a man (or woman) and grab your testicles (or ovaries) and let these over zealous dealers know that once these prices stabilize that you will not only remember who took advantage of a sad situation but that you will also remind all of you friends who was raping the gun community during the trying times of 2012 - 2013.

Now that I got all my butthurt out............ :ar15:

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Funny you mention the price of ammo at your LGS. I am fortunate enough to live a block away from a gun store that is relatively new, small and what I considered a decent place to shop. That was until I recently began to experience a sudden jump in ammo prices.

A little over a month ago I picked up a box of CCI AR Tactical 22 LR at pre panic pricing. I nearly walked away from it because he wouldn't sell me both boxes (only 2 he had gotten in that day) but the gun shop owner quickly stepped up his salesmanship. I left with a single box. The more I thought about it, the more I was impressed that we had a LGS that had chosen not to buy into the hype.

Fast forward 7 days. I call into said shop asking about their 22 LR stock and I'm informed that they have a few bulk packs of Winchester at $70 a box. After regaining my breath I politely advised him that he was too rich for my blood. His response? "These were selling at the last gun show for $100." Agian, being as polite as I can, I told him that he should have sold them at the gun show then because I wasn't buying them.

I took a couple weeks to calm down and returned to the same gun store and to my surprise (assume the purple if you will) he had nearly every caliber of ammo available for sale. I could clearly see 400 - 500 rounds of 223/5.56. He has PMags and many more magazines in stock as well as plenty of rifles on the wall. EVERY SINGLE ITEM IS OVER PRICED. His reasoning? It's the going rate.

I'm all for a business trying to make a profit. Do not get me wrong. I understand that they are there for a reason and it isn't to pander to whiny little pu**iess. Now, knowing that I am pro capitalist, you must also know that I am in sales myself and one of the qualities I hold most dear is the ability to retain my customer base even when my prices are slightly higher than the competitors. You don't accomplish this by taking advantage of a situation such as this.

I know many will read this and wonder where this LGS is so they can go buy some 55 gr .223 at $1.00/ round or some Hornaday 75 gr at $30 (I just received my order at $18.99/ 20). I ask you this; is it really that important that you over pay for ammo you are going to waste shooting at a piece of paper and I'll bet you will simply dump your mag and not care how accurate you are? Do yu understand that YOU are part of the reason people like this are jacking up their prices? Do you understand that the sooner you realize that you don't need to blow your wad on ammo right this minute, the sooner prices will come back down and inventory levels will return?

Furthermore, you can be a man (or woman) and grab your testicles (or ovaries) and let these over zealous dealers know that once these prices stabilize that you will not only remember who took advantage of a sad situation but that you will also remind all of you friends who was raping the gun community during the trying times of 2012 - 2013.

Now that I got all my butthurt out............ :ar15:

I would argue that what he is selling ISN'T the going price, hence he has inventory. I too am keeping a mental note who is and who is not taking advantage. Because of this, I have discovered better gunshop.

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    Camby has 4 boxes of 555 LR left. Got to ask. The guy fibbed to me on the phone so I stopped and asked manager, we managed to get our quota.

They also had 1000 packs. If it shows in stock online and they say its not there try to get someone with a scanner to scan the shelf tag and show u how many it says 'On Hand'. Their technology rarely lies.

Nice score.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Camby has 4 boxes of 555 LR left. Got to ask. The guy fibbed to me on the phone so I stopped and asked manager, we managed to get our quota.

You are full of ch/t. Me and 3 guys were just there and RALPH the guy working said nothing came n. had 2 managers come out and look and said nothing was n stock! Either Walmart is lying or you are and that a 100% fact JACK!!!!

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    My post count is too low to pm. It's something that checks the status of several products hourly, using the app, then puts everything in an email and sends it to me. When I see something worthwhile come in stock I try to post so people can check on their apps or with the stores.

How do you set it up to email you the updates? I just jump on and click on the ammo I'm interested in and check the status.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Ralph is who told me that as well. He fibbed or didnt know any better. My daughter and son in law stopped and asked Ralph and he said no, then assistant manager went and looked and came back and said no. My daughter went to the front desk and asked for manager, the manager went and looked and called back up front to ask how many they needed, they said 3 each and the lady brought them to the front desk. They got 6 boxes and I just got back from picking them up. The lady said they had 4 boxes left that would go out at 10:00!

I am a lot of things but a liar is not one. I'll bet you $1,000 I am not lying and I will prove it if you put up the $. Stop crying.....you got beat at your own game this evening. You guys know you cant take one $7 an hour retired guys word on it.

Same thing happened in Brownsburg. Guy swore they had no ammo until a guy who works there and was off the clock told him to go look.

I have no reason to lie to you guys.....but if you are gonna call me a liar, put your money where your mouth is and I will teach you a lesson :)

Ben, I am really surprised in you. I mean you are kind of my mentor and helped me learn this. Be proud buddy......you taught me well.

Last edited:

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    Sporting goods guy said nobody has bought any tonight :/

The Camby inventory levels online have moved so someone bought something.

For the 555 packs
    Went from Out of Stock to In Stock around 4:30 pm
    Went to Limited Stock between 8:30pm and 9:30pm
    Went to Out of Stock between 9:30 and 10:30pm

The Winchester 1000 pack
    Went from Out of Stock to Limited Stock around 4:30pm and has stayed like that. Someone must have this baby hidden in the back real well...

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ralph is who told me that as well. He fibbed or didnt know any better. My daughter and son in law stopped and asked Ralp and he said no, then assistant manager went and looked and came back and said no. My daughter went to the front desk and asked for manager, the manager went and looked and called back up front to ask how many they needed, they said 3 each and the lady brought them to the front desk. They got 6 boxes and I just got back from picking them up. The lady said they had 4 boxes left that would go out at 10:00!

I am a lot of things but a liar is not one. I'll bet you $1,000 I am not lying and I will prove it if you put up the $. Stop crying.....you got beat at your own game this evening. You guys know you cant take one $7 an hour retired guys word on it.

Same thing happened in Brownsburg. Guy swore they had no ammo until a guy who works there and was off the clock told him to go look.

I have no reason to lie to you guys.....but if you are gonna call me a liar, put your money where your mouth is and I will teach you a lesson :)

Ben, I am really surprised in you. I mean you are kind of my mentor and helped me learn this. Be proud buddy......you taught me well.

The stupid thing is that the ammo is locked in the ammo cage. I mean how can you miss it when you check? I personally believe that there are some Walmart emloyees who are 1) just to lazy to go look, 2) they tell you they looked but they didn't, or 3) they are simply holding it for someone else.

How the app work is when the ammo is scanned in when it leaves the distribution center heading to the store. Then it is checked into the store. Each box is scanned when purchased and once it runs out, it shows out if stock. I've hit Walmart when they've got ammo in and verified it in the app once the last bix is sold. Sometimes there is a little lag, but I'm talking like maybe 5-15 minutes.

When an employee tells you that either the app is wrong or that they dont have any, they are 1) blowing smoke up you arse, 2) the ammo has been stolen and th inventory is off, or 3) it hasnt yet arrived from he distribution center.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    They also had 1000 packs. If it shows in stock online and they say its not there try to get someone with a scanner to scan the shelf tag and show u how many it says 'On Hand'. Their technology rarely lies.

Nice score.

I didn't see 1000 packs on app. I had my daughter and son in law go since they live close by. They just asked for what I told them I wanted. Wish I had known about 1000 packs....what is the upc?

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ralph is who told me that as well. He fibbed or didnt know any better. My daughter and son in law stopped and asked Ralph and he said no, then assistant manager went and looked and came back and said no. My daughter went to the front desk and asked for manager, the manager went and looked and called back up front to ask how many they needed, they said 3 each and the lady brought them to the front desk. They got 6 boxes and I just got back from picking them up. The lady said they had 4 boxes left that would go out at 10:00!

All is good. I got my score at Wally as well just a different one. Was hoping to get the same thing at 3 different Wally's n one night :-) no hard feelings. I just know they had them n at camby and lied to us are like most people are lazy. No biggi didn't meant to be mean lol. Carry one 8-)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Kirk, I think maybe some funny business happens as well. My daughter said Ralph never went and looked but had an assistant manager go look and that asst said no go, my daughter then went to store manager who went and checked and sure enough, there it was. Employees can buy when off clock, that includes lunch.

Brownsburg guy told me 3 people in store have ammo bin access and it takes 2 to enter. Sporting manager, store manager and asst manager.....don't know if that is true.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom