retired-midwest

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    A wonderful sentiment, but I would not count on it... I think it has more to do with lowered demand than increased supply...
    I am noticing that the ammo deals are staying on the shelf a little longer. That is good news. Not too long ago about the time someone posted a deal, they sellers were "out of stock" by the time you got to the site.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I am noticing that the ammo deals are staying on the shelf a little longer. That is good news. Not too long ago about the time someone posted a deal, they sellers were "out of stock" by the time you got to the site.

This is the time to stock up. The next crisis is one news event away.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is the time to stock up. The next crisis is one news event away.
    I should buy some more .22. But I think I want to stick to CCI Mini-mags. The Aguila .22's I have run okay, but I have more confidence in Mini-mags overall.

Green Tags would be my first choice, but I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money for .22, lol.

Unless I can get primers and other components at much lower prices, my future of shooting will be predominantly .22.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I should buy some more .22. But I think I want to stick to CCI Mini-mags. The Aguila .22's I have run okay, but I have more confidence in Mini-mags overall.

Green Tags would be my first choice, but I'm too cheap to pay that kind of money for .22, lol.

Unless I can get primers and other components at much lower prices, my future of shooting will be predominantly .22.

I've been through a couple bricks of the Aguila Super Extra and the only difference I can tell is the smell.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've been through a couple bricks of the Aguila Super Extra and the only difference I can tell is the smell.
    That is the flavor Aguila I have. I haven't had any issues with them if I recall. Maybe I should just buy another 5K when they are on sale.

I have a 10-22, M&P 15-22, Weatherby XXII and Ruger MKII as far as semi-autos go. I'll try to get to the range and run that round through all of them and see how they perform.

I'm not concerned about my revolver. They will shoot any .22. :)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

Buds guns has some good .22 prices

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've shot it, but didn't document the results, which makes me assume it likely about the same as mini mags in my rifle.

These guys rated it #5 in their test:

Somewhat interesting but for my firearms being all semi-autos, I'd like to see a shootout with similar guns to what I have. Feed/extraction issues are a factor. I'll do some "googling" and see what I can find. Thanks.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The Norma Tac .22 I used about a year ago was heavily lubed. Before shooting in my semi autos I would clean them off to prevent build up I'm my mags. Went bang when it was supposed to.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going run my Aguila again next range trip through everything and if it checks out, I'll just stick with it and Mini-mags.

Makes it easier to shop..

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Somewhat interesting but for my firearms being all semi-autos, I'd like to see a shootout with similar guns to what I have. Feed/extraction issues are a factor. I'll do some "googling" and see what I can find. Thanks.

I shot it in my 10/22 both before and after swapping barrels and had 0 malfunctions. Didn't try it in the MKII.

Top Bottom