• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Some of you who have been around a while may recall that my house got broken into about 4 years ago.

Well my "nightstand" gun was stolen.

A few days later it was recovered by the police and several people were sitting in jail. So good for the police.

About 10 days ago I received a letter in the mail that I could call the property clerk and arrange to get the gun. Called them the next morning, they would only release the gun back to me after I passed a background check. Gave them the various and sundry information over the phone. Got a call on Friday saying that I had actually passed the check. Guessed they missed all those felonies

So tomorrow, at precisely 10am I get to show up. And I have to bring the letter they sent me. Then I get to reclaim my property. I'm rather curious to see what condition the gun will be in when I get it back. It was very much mint condition when it was stolen. It will be a bonus if I get it back in minty condition. On the bright side, the insurance company reimbursed me for the loss of the gun, I even told them it was in police custody, but they said that they would reimburse me because I might never get it back. They also reimbursed me for the custom grips too.

Gun is a mirror polished CZ75B, grips are Turkish Walnut, hand inlayed with sterling silver.

Here are BEFORE photos . . . I'll post an AFTER picture sometime after I get the gun back.

P1080383.jpg

P1080385.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Good luck. Somehow I don't think it will look as minty-fresh as your before pictures. Hopefully, it at least hasn't been subject to the same indignity as Andy's Ruger.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My wife is a court reporter. She has lots and lots of guns. Until the court of appeals rules on a conviction, she has the gun in storage. It then takes a court order to release it back to the owner, if known. Or to be destroyed. All the evidence has to be kept for 55 years, including the guns if the judge wants them to be held.

Glad you are getting yours back. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Good for you. But do not forget to pay the insurance company back. Or you will be guilty if insurance fraud. Which would suck. Now I would get it reappraised before you clean it up and argue that value. But they must either receive the gun or the value of it

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I love happy endings. It's a shame it took so long to get it back, but better late than never.

I've got four floating around out there somewhere. I'm hopefully they'll find their way back to me someday.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've had guns in the past that were sold at police auction. They had numbers engraved in them. I hope they didn't do that to yours!
    so did they murder someone with your gun? 4 years is forever!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Good for you. But do not forget to pay the insurance company back. Or you will be guilty if insurance fraud. Which would suck. Now I would get it reappraised before you clean it up and argue that value. But they must either receive the gun or the value of it
    As I said, I told them before they paid me that the gun was recovered. My agent assured me that they would pay anyway because there was no assurance I would get it back, or get it back in the same condition.

I've had guns in the past that were sold at police auction. They had numbers engraved in them. I hope they didn't do that to yours!
    so did they murder someone with your gun? 4 years is forever!!
    They recovered it within a week, the mom of the gang banger's abused girlfriend turned him in!

I'm shocked at how many of you I've met have guns that are stolen!! Such a shame!
    I keep a nightstand gun, and a carry gun unlocked. The rest are in the safes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Glad to hear there is a happy ending. I hope your gun wasn't too badly abused, but I know she'll be back to her radiant glory in no time.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Top Bottom